+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warrior: It's been a while...

Warrior: It's been a while...

So as Wrath is ending and Cata is coming around the corner I find myself wanting to play more than just my main. About 6 months ago I played this character for a bit, but I stopped because of being discouraged while trying to get used to the roll of tank. Now, after reading a few guides on here and the basic changes I think I want to give tanking another shot.

My armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...o+Is+John+Galt

Right now I'm very slowly starting to get away from this toon as a miner alt(don't even use skinning right now), and actually start using it in 5 mans. The problem is, is that I'm way out of touch with specs/glyphs/gems/reforging for a protection warrior. I'm currently browsing around these forums for some basics, but I wanted to post this thread as well for some quick tips. I've started to gather gear where I can (picked up the gun from ICC), and will hopefully have my first level Tier 10 in a couple of days.

My focus on this character is 5 mans ONLY. No 10 or 25 man raids as this is just an alt, at least until Cata hits and then maybe I'll do 10 man alt raids for my guild.

I'm unsure what to spec. It seems that 2/3/31 is the spec I should head in, while taking Incite and Gag Order. Thanks to armory not being updated yet, I'm not 100% sure which glyphs I should be using. I assumed a bit and start placing glyphs yesterday, but I'm sure that can be improved upon.

This is a good starting point for this I think. I'm going to continue to read around the boards and try and re-learn some basics. Appreciate any help.

I would recommend against starting this now. Most DPS are in AoE mode for dungeons making it hard for experienced tanks to hold aggro in 5-mans. My advice is to honestly wait until cata unless you actually have a premade 5 man you can take with you that will help you to learn.

There are a couple of specs I am using currently for prot, with the point allocation changing based on whether it is for threat or for survival. For threat I use a spec that does not include victory rush, safeguard, or vigilance. Thunderstruck and Blood and Thunder are lack-luster unless you have packs of mobs of 10+, so I'm not convinced of their viability currently.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Nice guild name.
    Kathy, I said, "I'm lost" though I knew she was sleeping
    I'm empty and aching and I don't know why
    Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike
    They've all gone to look for America

Quote Originally Posted by MellvarTank View Post
    I would recommend against starting this now. Most DPS are in AoE mode for dungeons making it hard for experienced tanks to hold aggro in 5-mans. My advice is to honestly wait until cata unless you actually have a premade 5 man you can take with you that will help you to learn.

There are a couple of specs I am using currently for prot, with the point allocation changing based on whether it is for threat or for survival. For threat I use a spec that does not include victory rush, safeguard, or vigilance. Thunderstruck and Blood and Thunder are lack-luster unless you have packs of mobs of 10+, so I'm not convinced of their viability currently.
    Ah, thank you. I may just wait until cata then, since it's just a little over a month away.

+ Reply to Thread