+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 4.0.1 Arcane Mage Guide

4.0.1 Arcane Mage Guide

Please excuse the fact that it's fairly boring (and hastily prepared). I wanted to pack information into it as best I could.

Fire/Frost should be coming in a bit (when I've got time). Please subscribe if you think you'll be interested in those.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PApDlPN2l64

If you've got comments or questions, feel free to either comment on the video or drop a line in this thread.

Thanks that was insanely helpful.

Really great vid. Only feedback that I can think of is that at the beginning of the rotation part, it would be nice to explain some generalities about why there is a burn phase. In other words: what arcane dps is all about, or what is the intention of the gameplay.

Something like "arcane dps is by nature divided into two phases. In one of them, called burn phase, you burn your mana away and spam arcane blast to get stacks... . The other phase is about mana regen while minimizing the dps loss... etc."

It could make the video a little bit more friendly to people who know the game well, but not the spec well.

My two cents!

Quote Originally Posted by Zantam View Post
    Really great vid. Only feedback that I can think of is that at the beginning of the rotation part, it would be nice to explain some generalities about why there is a burn phase. In other words: what arcane dps is all about, or what is the intention of the gameplay.

Something like "arcane dps is by nature divided into two phases. In one of them, called burn phase, you burn your mana away and spam arcane blast to get stacks... . The other phase is about mana regen while minimizing the dps loss... etc."

It could make the video a little bit more friendly to people who know the game well, but not the spec well.

My two cents!
    Thanks for the advice. I did try to fit that in at one point, but I must have gone with a separate voiceover clip.

+ Reply to Thread