+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: DK PvP in Cataclysm

To start with for a PVP spec you are going to want a 2h for DK doesn't matter what spec because you will just hit harder. Now depending on what you want to do i.e arenas or BG's is totally how you would choose your spec. For BG's i have noticed that the unholy spec has proven to top all others due to the fact even after you die your diseases keep ticking for large amounts and in return keeps you up on the charts and keeps pressure one people. For arenas i also personally like the unholy for the ghoul stun and damage for healers, but frost has much higher burst DPS. It really depends on your play style and i definitely would recommend trying the unholy spec it is my personal favorite.

I'm sorry I assumed everyone knew the difference between PVE damage numbers and PVP.

:x

Quote Originally Posted by rogralla View Post
    To start with for a PVP spec you are going to want a 2h for DK doesn't matter what spec because you will just hit harder. Now depending on what you want to do i.e arenas or BG's is totally how you would choose your spec. For BG's i have noticed that the unholy spec has proven to top all others due to the fact even after you die your diseases keep ticking for large amounts and in return keeps you up on the charts and keeps pressure one people. For arenas i also personally like the unholy for the ghoul stun and damage for healers, but frost has much higher burst DPS. It really depends on your play style and i definitely would recommend trying the unholy spec it is my personal favorite.
    True as that may be. Unholy DK's are not the prefered pvp spec they used to be. Unholy DK's are getting rickrolled by blood DK's to the point there is a lot of QQ about it not just from other DK's but every class in the game. We all know how non pvp viable blood is. But let's just say your disease damage is shrugged off by blood DK's and are of little to no concern to them. So much so they are nerfing blood DK's because "Survey says: They are to OP in pvp."

The problem with unholy pvp is the control system it's rather lacking, considering every other pet combat class in the game is pretty well automated except for the unholy DK who's skills have to be macro'd or fired off manually. This by itself is an efficiency crutch for an unholy DK. Now the unholy DK's strongest asset is also the unholy DK's biggest weakness. Case and point and since we are talking about PVP. A blood DK is no more threatend by an unholy DK as a frost mage is threatend by a melee class. Which is assuming of course if you have some pvp experience you know what I'm talking about here and I shouldn't need to explain it further.

The unholy DK is about as dangerous as a gnat to a blood DK. It's easy to say unholy is the prefered spec over frost, because Frost is more glass than cannon in characteristic. The most notable thing about frost vs unholy is the fact frost can't heal, while unholy can DW exploit to heal to full. Something a frost DK can't do. What happens when that unholy DK is faced with another melee healing class such as a blood DK? They get torn apart as their utility, and preferability in a PVP engagement goes right down the toilet.

Further more, dual wield is mathematically superior to 2h. That is a proven fact 2h vs DW. However, that is rumored to change soon as they are beefing 2h frost supposedly.

Hmm yeah we went a little off topic... So a question for you guys who play arena, what combos work well atm?

Coming from a druid pvper (also have a 85 dk) UH 2H scares me the most. If the DK is good he can make my life very hard without peels. Frost DKs have a crap load of burst but seem fairly easy to kite. This is only around the 1900 mmr so take that for what it is. Enjoy the DK they are fun.

hmm ive been trying out arena and bgs lately as unholy, ive my spec is a little diffrent i acutaly use it for raiding and and heroics and now for pvp. i have 3 points in magic surpression and i find it to be a massive help. when fighting other dks shamans pallys or casters cause of it i take no dmg and get feed tons of RP and just spam DC and watch people drop cause i take no dmg. one on one ive never lost agist even the most geared or skilled frost DK purely cause they cant keep the dmg up at a steady rate once i hit AMS its over. and if my ghoul stuns them and there stuck in desc all they can do is try to back peddle and HB or OB which is not doing much due to AMS. i suggest any unholy picking this up youll noticed the added surviabilty and incress in dmg output it works great for heroics ive broken 20k dps in a heroic on a boss that lasted just over a min cause i could soak up dmg and spam DC

+ Reply to Thread