+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I've seen Prot Warrior PvP, is Prot Pally PvP Viable?

I've seen Prot Warrior PvP, is Prot Pally PvP Viable?

and if so..

what enchant to use for a prot paladin weapon for pvp?

I purchased both a mongoose scroll and a bladeward scroll, both sound pleasing, but I wanted to get advice and input on the situation before I actually use the scrolls. If there are any other enchants other than the ones I've listed above, please let me know.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Not that viable anymore. You lost a lot of damage.

Enchant would be berserking. You're a damage dealer, not a tank.

Same deal with prot warriors, arms is a far better choice now.

I'm hardly a pvp expert, but I do know I try to avoid prot pallies at all costs on my Mage. Ret I will easily hunt you down and kill you, but prot destroys me.

A mage should have no trouble given he has decent gear. Spellsteal on the Freedom and kite like a boss.

Umm yeah, that's exactly how it works on the ret pally. . .

The monkey wrench with the prot ones being their captain america shield. It hits for like 8k, silences me, and seems to be ready every few secs (not sure what the actual cd on it is, it feels like 2 seconds but I'm sure it's more than that lol)

I know in the Cata beta, I've been murking people with prot pally in duels. It is awesome in BGs too because you can take on multiple players very easily until backup shows up. If you use WoG correctly, you can outlast most classes by that alone. The only class that truly can burst me down is a destro lock. A good Mage can kite you, but if you catch them, you can kill them fast. The "skill cap" on prot pally is pretty low though. You can only do so much to win if you play one.

I'm a prot warrior that does 2s with a Ret Paladin! It's really fun and we win most of the time

Anyone know what gear I should use as a port pally for pvp? Because I havent seen any

Usually Prot gears the same as if you were arms/fury or ret depending on your class. Only difference is using a one-hander and shield versus a 2hander. The reaosn to play prot in any class is to gain the abilities in the prot tree for utility, such as silences, stuns, survivability cds etc. The goal however remains the same you want to put out as much damage as possible. This means gearing dps wise.

Uh prot pallies in pvp gear are powerful, prot warriors in any gear are a joke in pvp atm. They do as much damage as a hunter pet and the only thing they have for them is their stuns, which isn't better than some other classes CC.

Well it really depends on what you mean by pvp, if your talking about rated battlegrounds than yes. Prot pallies do more damage but prot warriors take more, and warrior definitely has more utility. Mainly what you will want to do is fc (carry the flag). It sounds obvious but i might as well mention it, but another thing it's really good for is guarding flags solo in ab and gilneas. Because most of your abilities are an aoe, you can easily prevent ppl from ninja capping flag, and you have enough health that you can just call inc and easily last until some help gets there.

Those aren't the only things you can do, but you can do those very effectively.
    Dont do drugs, they're bad. Why are they bad? because they are. shutup.

+ Reply to Thread