+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warrior lvling

Warrior lvling

I got a warriror that i was lvling with arms /prot, but with 4.0 is arms still better than fury for questing? If so, how should i spec both prot and the lvling spec?

What level is your warrior and do you have access to the heirloom gear? Also what is your goal with this character?

Hi, Im same situation of chronicles. Just start playing again. Probably a Tauren/Goblin tank at 85. I need some advice about leveling after 1 year without play.

I would say level as whatever spec you're most comfortable with. I don't think spec makes that big of a difference anymore. Fury/arms might kill a tad faster than prot (single-target at least...prot might win on aoe), but prot has better mobility and little-to-no downtime from having to eat.

My recommendation is that if you are going to level primarily through the dungeon finder with random groups that you go Prot. This will give you near instant que's. If you go DPS you will spend a lot of time waiting for groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragaan View Post
    I would say level as whatever spec you're most comfortable with. I don't think spec makes that big of a difference anymore. Fury/arms might kill a tad faster than prot (single-target at least...prot might win on aoe), but prot has better mobility and little-to-no downtime from having to eat.
    My experience with Prot and Fury in the 80s on Beta suggests that their downtime and leveling speed are roughly equal.

With Fury I would kill one mob at a time really quick, Charge to the next, heal with Victory Rush, then rely on Bloodthirst and Blood Craze to keep my health up in combat. Repeat.

With Prot I'd try to take on several mobs at a time. After each one died, use Victory Rush on the next to heal, then rely on Blood Craze and strong defenses to keep my health up in combat. Repeat till dead, then Charge to the next group, Repeat.

Not sure if it works that way at lower levels or not, but worth experimenting with. Not sure how Arms compares for self-healing while leveling.

Like Nereel said, if you prefer to level via dungeon finder, Prot all the way. Instant queues, no downtime, never have to quest.

+ Reply to Thread