+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Weekly Marmot -- Blizzcon 2010 Wrap-up

Quote Originally Posted by Bitur View Post
    You're just jealous you didn't get to go and run your fingers through Lore's hair.
    I know I am.
    Although, I am a little scared that there might be things hiding in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Evelmunkee View Post
    Someone tell me how to read those little messages he leaves at the end....I cant seem to do it on the you tube feed.
    It's really all just luck, dude. Watch the last couple seconds over and over again and hope you get lucky enough to hit pause at just the right time... That's my method, anyway.
    My greatest fear is that I've already found my damn purpose in life, and that I'm on a slow, tiresome walk to the grave.

Me and 3 buddies hung out to watch the livestream in HD on my brother's awesome TV / Soundsystem setup. Personally, I thought it was better than showing up to Blizzcon because we were able to pretty much watch every single panel across the two days which we wouldn't have been able to do if we were there. So yeah... two thumbs up. I thought it was worth the $40 bucks hands down.
    Livistos, Undead Priest, Guild Leader of HILYMI since 2006
    ESAK - Explorer 80.00%, Socializer 66.66%, Achiever 33.33%, Killer 20.00%

The Liveticket is ok for those of us that can't afford to go or don't have time to go, but Lore's right. There is nothing like being there. It's all about going there and having a good time with some cool people. Besides, going to a football/hockey game is hell of a lot better than watching it on TV.

As for the lack of big news.... yeah. Big disappointment. Even though I played Diablo, I agree with Lore. The fanbase is the smallest of the three franchises; possibly because it's an incredibly repetitive game. Hopefully Diablo III will change that, but who knows for sure. I also would've liked to see info on the 4th franchise (and although I hate Jersey Shore, that joke about Jersey Shore - The MMO in Legendary had me going).

You are right on the Live Stream account, waste of cash, especially as the tournaments were free to view. When you pay that much you kind of expect that exclusive access to the event and even the 'HD' wasn't even worth it. We basically paid $40 for a pet and SC2 portrait. I won't be purchasing the live stream in future, big rip off.

I for one will second the notion that BlizzCon could definately look towards extending into a third day. There is a lot to cram into just two days, and even if Blizzard themselves can't generate sufficient content to fill three full days, the other aspects of the convention probably could. In 2009 they had the additional sound-alike contest but cut that out this year because it ran too long or wasn't as appealing. But if they can't fill in a full third day, fan generated content likely can fill in some of the gaps.

The panels this year were a bit of a let down in general, though I did find the Starcraft 2 custom maps one amusing (I suddenly want a Rainbow Archon pet for WoW). This was a relatively dry year in general though in terms of announcements. Diablo 3 getting another class was pretty much expected. The Diablo 3 arena system isn't much of a surprise either given the growing industry of competitive gaming, it's only natural that they would want their product to cater to that market in some fashion.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

+ Reply to Thread