+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Weapon enchants revisited?

Weapon enchants revisited?

I've searched but can't seem to find anything conclusive. Has anyone smarter than me run the numbers on the weapon enchants since the 4.0.1 changes?

My initial thoughts are mongoose got nerfed, blade warding got buffed, blood draining stayed the same... therefore they are all probably too close to have a clear winner, but I'd love to know definitively if one might be better than another.

Thoughts? (Besides "lawls who cares its end of exp and 30 percent buff" I still like being the best I can be)
    ~Patch

mongoose provides a minimal amount of crit and dodge.

bladewarding is ok for warriors due to hold the line (I think that is what the talent is called) proccing when you parry. Still puts your parry chance into heavy DR territory though.

blood draining is the only "EH" enchant now that mongoose got the chop. That 2k heal is not very large at all when people are running around with 80+k life in ICC, but meh I guess it is better than no heal at all.

If you are not yet hit capped you might want to think about accuracy (25 hit+25 crit), that is probably the best tps enchant if you are not hit capped.

Really they are all pretty bad when you consider the benefits agility melee get from mongoose and strength melee get from berserker. I am thinking of swapping to executioner (proccs 120 crit rating) simply because it looks so awesome. I know you were not wanting this answer, but there you go.

If you want a pitifully small smart heal compared to your maximum health when you drop below 35%, go for blood draining. If you want a higher chance to critically block, go for blade warding (only applies to warriors). If you are not hit capped, go for accuracy. If this doesn't matter, pick the one with the prettiest glow effect.

Nice summary pyrea.

I went for accuracy only because it lifted me up enough over cap to reforge some hit on an armour piece to something more useful.
    ** Remember Warcraft players fail in directions you never thought possible.

Re: Weapon enchants revisited?

Roll a dk and get stoneskin gargoyle. Mmmmm stam

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Cry Havoc! And let slip the Ghosts of War..

Yeah, this is discussed in the thread at the top of this section on the last page. Viable enchants are still accuracy, Blood Draining and Blade Warding. It really doesn't matter too much though.

I won't (if I do) be revisiting any enchants until Cata.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

I believe that Mongoose is still viable for Bear tanks unless I've missed something.
    "What we need is a special blend of Psychology and extreme violence"

Well It's up to you which enchant fits you. Most tanks are getting Blade Ward as pointed out above for the Hold the Line, but I personally would say if you got a sweet guild that is holding ICC 25 Hc. on farm status try to obtain the Bloodvenom Blade from Saurfang 25 Hc. and hit It up with a Berserking. I know this sounds a bit retarded but oh well the armor lost It's values and tanks are going back to more of an AV scenario.

Blood draining is still best for progression. Mongoose got worse and blade ward is still meh (rng, and even with hold the line it's not very attractive).

Copy and pasted from the sticky thread:

Anyway, my contribution to this thread (For Warriors)- At the current conversion rates of Mastery, the trend toward hit capping for tanks, and the fact that survival in any current Raid, Heroic or otherwise, is pretty much a joke (assuming you were already farming before 4.0), I'd recommend Accuracy. It frees up 25 hit from gear to reforge to Mastery, which is an EH boost as critical blocks are huge right now, especially while Shield Block still boosts Block Chance to 100 percent. If you can hit shield block for a guaranteed block and get enough reforged mastery to make it like a 40-50 percent chance of a crit block, that's a HUGE EH boost.

Of course, if you're not worried about your threat/getting hit capped then still go blood draining and reforge other stats to Mastery, but if you do want to get as much hit as you can I'd recommend accuracy so you can reforge elsewhere as reforging is the only way to get Mastery atm.

but oh well the armor lost It's values and tanks are going back to more of an AV scenario.
    What?

No.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

+ Reply to Thread