+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Rekcinad's UI

good to see you finally got the problem fixed ceox
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

;-p I'm guessing you didn't have the resolution set correctly
    Anyways that looks great. I need to get myself a new monitor that supports those resolutions >.<

Yeah its a fantastic UI. Thanks for all the help from both of you im glad it's finally resolved!

Hi guys,
    I seem to have a somewhat similar problem that Ceox had. I downloaded the addon package and picked the 1600x1050 wtf folder. I know I've downloaded it properly. When I open up wow it had me dl the 1.1g patch. I did this and when I opened WoW it gave me the pegi letters in the bottom left and not the esrb (or whatever the other one is). It also gave me his server (Doomhammer) on start up. I'm guessing it was now playing on the EU side of WoW which is something I don't want obviously. I've checked my realmlist.wtf folder, it said this:

set realmlist us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com
    set patchlist enUS.patch.battle.net:1119/patch
    set realmlistbn ""
    set portal us

I'm pretty sure that's what it's supposed to say unless there's something that goes between the "". Hope you can help clear this up man.

-Strongsyde

Did you try the link Destruyen posted on the previous page?

Yea but it didn't work. As soon as your WTF folder went back into my wow directory it gave me the EU servers again. Shame really because I was looking forward to using your UI.

edit: I spent the day uninstalling and reinstalling wow just to see if that would help the process and that didn't work either. I installed the interface first by itself and it worked but as soon as the wtf folder came in, like i said above, the EU servers showed up. Not sure if this tidbit helps but just throwing more facts in there.

Tried out this UI package and loving it so far!

Though I have a question/concern, it seems that the Panels and quartz bar positions are a little off from where they should be. Is there a fix to that or do I have to move all of them manually?
    Last edited by Sinnermighty; 06-22-2011 at 11:50 AM.

Use the correct profiles. Choose between DPS or Default

do you no longer use kde/dxe in your ui rekcinad?
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Indeed. I've fully stepped towards BigWigs now. I still use DBM as well for pvp timers.

What is the mod called that is similar to the old titan panel with currency, durability etc? I want to put currency on one of the bars.

Thanks in advance!

sl data text...and yes you can put currency on those bars
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Makes sense now, thanks Destruyen!

Updated for 4.2. It has been tested in 5-mans and works flawlessly. Should theoretically also work in raids. I'll be testing this the moment Firelands opens on EU realms.

** Disable OptiTaunt until the author releases an updated version for 4.2 **

OptiTaunt won't crash your game, but it gives lua errors and doesn't function at all at the moment.

About the patching issue after install (I've had this happen on other UIs as well).

Inside the WTF folder are config.wtf and launcher.wtf
    Both of them contain an entry for locale="x" where x=enUS, enGB, or whatever code for other locales.

If you launch wow with files that indicate a new locale, it thinks you're in a different localization, and goes ahead and downloads new localization data (deleting the old data). This data is stored in a different folder than the rest of the UI. So even when you go back to restore your old UI, it does the same thing again. WoW says, I have localization files for enGB, but I need enUS, so start the 1.1GB patch.

The problem is once that patch process is started, it has to finish (because it deleted your old locale files). The best thing to do to avoid this problem is to copy your config.wtf and launcher.wtf files whenever you download a new UI before testing it. For the compilation authors, you can try uploading the WTF\Account folder instead of the entire WTF folder as well. I think that should work.

What's up with the shaman color? It's like light blue or something.

And if I go through and update these addons, I just need to replace the folders in the Interface folder correct? I won't lose any of the changes unless I remove em from the WTF folder right? I'm really OCD about having up-to-date addons for some reason.

Also, wtf is with SBF? I cannot figure the addon out to save my life -_- I copied the default profile and there's no buffs that show up. I went into the Filters tab and saw a bunch of n=names in the box, but wtf does the n=*** mean anyways? Someone mind explaining that for me.

EDIT: I figured the buffs thing out after about 3 hours of messing with it.
    Last edited by BryceE; 07-28-2011 at 09:05 AM.

Cast Bar

Hi Rek (or to whomever can help me)
    I was watching your 10man rag video and was really loving the UI when it came to the holy pally healing. The thing I can't seem to duplicate is how you got your cast bar to work the way it is. You currently have ACB as the cast bar mod and I can't tweak it the right way to show up as it did in the video. I don't see a cast bar section under pitbull so I'm wondering if you can help me recreate this effect. Would greatly appreciate it!

-Nate

+ Reply to Thread