+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Rekcinad's UI

still doing the 1.1gb patch after moving out the old interface and wtf folders and replacing with any ui wtf/interface folders. fml
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Darn. It may have something to do with the new "addons" Blizzard added to the addons folder in patch 4.1. They added some extra Blizzard addon modules that it's possibly re-downloading after WoW detects a different Addon folder.

going to try this tomorrow morning after i get off work http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1999565345
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

It's very bizarre and quite frustrating. Back too the drawing board. Thanks a lot to both of you trying to troubleshoot this though.

ceox, visit the link i posted. it works for me as far as stopping the 1.1gb patch from downloading each time you open wow.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Ill give it a go, And post my result. Thanks

I've gotten mine working, but here's my question about one of the addons. Its pitbull. Under your health what does that grey bar that fills up blue when you cast and use stuff indicate? Its not a timer and idk what the .3% stands for either. Other than that I love this UI. Thanks for the release!

the cast bar is quartz. when you hover over the power bar it shows your experience and is part of pitbull iirc.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

How would I go about changing the experience to Rep?

Haven't been able to try this yet as im over my download quota for the month resets tomorrow midnight. So will try first thing. Hopefully get some results. Thanks

after doing the fix and doing repair i had to download ~2.7gb but after that it works fine. the log in screen still displays pegi rating instead of esrb rating but just check to make sure in your realmlist.wtf file that it says us login and not eu and that's that.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Here's how you counter the download. If you've already started downloading the patch then this won't work for you.
    But for those who are new.. this is what you do.
    Just take his addons, copy them over your addons and replace them. (Do not replace the addons folder) By this I mean open Rekcinads addon folder and drag the addons into your folder.
    Then follow the directions up to the part where you delete your WTF Folder.
    Open up your WTF folder.
    Click on Account
    Click your account that you wish to set this up for.
    Now open up Rekcinads Wtf folder and click on "Accountname"
    Then in account name you will See "SavedVariables"
    Open that up and drag the variables to your saved variables folder.
    After that click and drag all of the cache.md5 files (all of the files except for the saved variables and the server name folder)
    Copy and replace what you have in there.
    After that go into your server folder.
    Open up Rekcinads servername folder.
    Then just simply copy the CharnameDps folder or tank folder over and name them to whichever toon you want to set them up for.

yeh we did all that skreem and wow will sometimes just bug out and start forcing you to download 1.1gb patches. this can happen without even replacing ui's...
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Yeah I didn't understand that tutorial you posted Destruyen pretty much ruined my install lol downloading the 14gig all over. Guess im stuck with normal blizz frames or TukUI

Thanks anyway

Well the reason its bugging is there are files being changed in the WTF folder. 4.1 files changed in it which is why people are having to download that patch. Really you can replace everything except for the Config.wtf and launcher.wtf

I tried the way you said Skreem before doing the other way Destruyen posted, And it sort of worked some mods loaded but the profiles weren't loading or something. It didn't look like Reck's UI.
    Back to the drawing board for me that's all thanks anyway

You have to actually go in and set it to that profile. Like for bartender - you have to /bar go down to the profiles and load the "default" or "DPS" profile. Its time consuming yes because you have to load every profile, but it sure beats downloading a 1.1 GB patch.

Yeah I did load the profiles but it still was not like Recks not to worry I'll give it another go once I finish downloading this 14gig lol

What resolution are you running it in? Im 1280x1024 because thats what my monitor supports. So I had to change it around a bit. This is how mine looks now.

1680 x 1050

Got it working just nicely

Still got some cleaning up to do
    Last edited by Ceox; 06-03-2011 at 04:16 AM. Reason: Pic

+ Reply to Thread