+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Rekcinad's UI

Rekcinad's UI

REKCINAD UI

A custom interface for WoW. Usable for Tanking, dpsing and healing. However, due to the setup mostly suited for tanking classes.

This UI supports both the 1920x1080 (24") and 1680x1050 (22") widescreen resolutions. A WTF folder is included for each, in which the layouts are identical to eachother.

Download Link

** Works fully with patch 4.2 and Cataclysm **

Installation
    1. Backup your Fonts, WTF and Interface folders in the main WoW directory.
    2. Unpack the downloaded file.
    3. Copy the new Fonts, WTF and Interface folders to your WoW directory.
    4. Make sure you select the WTF folder corresponding to your resolution, and rename it to WTF.
    5. Go into WTF/Account and rename "ACCOUNTNAME" to your accountname.
    6. In "ACCOUNTNAME", rename "Servername" to your server's name.
    7. In "Servername", rename "Charname" to your character's name. You can copy this folder for every character you own and rename accordingly. As you can see there are already some class specific folders here.Take your pick from the Tank and DPS/Healer folders.

Now that you're set up you can start up WoW and log in. Make sure Out of Date addons are enabled in the addon screen. Once you're in-game, you will have to set up some profiles.

Setting up the profiles

There are 2 profile setups included in this UI. There is a profile suited mostly for tanking and one suited mostly for DPS and healing. The "Default" profile names in all the addon config menu's will enable the tanking version. The "DPS" profile will enable the DPS/healing one.

The following list shows which addons you have to set a profile for when choosing one of the 2 layouts.
    • /bartender -> DPS or Default.
      OR select the WarriorPaging profile if you're a warrior.
    • /pitbull -> DPS or Default.
    • /sldatatext -> Default profile. ALWAYS.
    • /omen -> DPS or Default.
    • /msbt -> Tank profile. ALWAYS.
    • /SBF Options -> COPY the "Default" profile.
    • /bigwigs -> DPS or Default.
    • /kgpanels -> DPS or Default.
    • /quartz -> DPS or Default.

SatrinaBuffFrames

The Default profile is used as a base profile, containing the frame placement and generic buff filtering. You should copy this profile to a new profile whenever you log a new character. You can then filter out class specific buffs/debuffs for your new class in the SBF3(own buffs) and SBF4(own debuffs) frames. These buffs and debuffs will be shown left and respectively right above your own health bar as can be seen in the first screenshot.
    There are already 4 fully working profiles in this package.
    • Warrior profile
    • Priest profile
    • Mage profile
    • Rogue profile

You won't have to copy the Default profile if you use any of the above.

Reload your UI after all this is done.

Bartender setup
    On the screenshot you see only 1 action bar. The UI holds a lot more however. All of these are either hidden or on fadeout.

Use /coolline spellname to filter in/out specific abilities from the cooldown bar beneath your player frame. It is caps sensitive. Example: "/coolline Shield Slam" Shield Slam's cooldown will now no longer be tracked on the CoolLine bar.

Nameplate Threat Coloring

There are 4 healthbar colors regarding the nameplates for enemy mobs.
    • Red: No aggro
    • Blue: Close to pulling aggro
    • Yellow: Close to losing aggro
    • Green: Aggro + solid threat

Boss Mods

There are 2 BossMods included in this package. BigWigs is default and enabled for everyone. It's also the bars you can see in the screenshots.

DBM takes care of all the PVP and 5-man dungeon timers.
    Credit for some of the inspiration for this UI goes to OOMM who is the one who came up with the awesome idea to make the unit frame backgrounds transparent. You're a legend! :-)

Main Addon list:
    • !BeautyCase
    • !TakeThisColor
    • Ace3
    • Align
    • Auctionator
    • AraBrokerSpecSwitcher
    • Auctionator
    • Bartender4
    • BigWigs
    • ButtonFacade
    • Chatter
    • Clique
    • Combuctor
    • CoolLine
    • EnhancedColourPicker
    • Grid
    • KgPanels
    • MoveAnything
    • MSBT
    • nCore
    • Omen
    • OmniCC
    • OPie
    • Pitbull4
    • pMinimap
    • Postal
    • Quartz
    • RaidAchievement
    • SatrinaBuffFrame
    • SharedMedia
    • Skada
    • SLDataText
    • SnowfallKeyPress
    • StatBlockCore
    • Tekability
    • TidyPlates
    • TipTac
    • xDamageFont
    Last edited by Rekcinad; 07-22-2011 at 09:35 AM.

Holy fucking shit, this looks awesome!

I'm gone take this for a spin and i'll return with what i think about this. ^^

Best regards

-Yozka @ Kilrogg < De Allierede Danskere>

Really cool looking UI mate! I will try and fit it to a 1920x1080 resolution.

Cheers for the compliment, let me know how it goes!

Damn that was easy to fix, so if you have a higher resolution like 1920x1080 do not fret! I fixed it up to my liking and here's the end result:
    http://data.fuskbugg.se/dipdip/WoWSc...010_223238.jpg

Thanks so much for this UI!
    Last edited by Tiwaa; 10-30-2010 at 01:36 PM.

Looking good there :-)

Which frames did you have to reposition?

I gotta say this ui is really awesome i'd made some minor modifications cause the font on omen cant read And im gonne replace youre current nameplates with tiddy threat plates so when im smashing the aoe tank buttons it's way easier to see wich mobs you got and wich you dont

My 2 cents for this Ui is 12/10 Really good job, it even fits for my shaman healer

If you're switching for threat coloring on nameplates, Aloft is already taking care of that :-)

The colors are:
    Yellow - Loosing aggro soon
    Blue - Almost got aggro
    Green - Tanking safely
    Red - There's work to be done

I was wondering why the name plates changed colour yesterday but i didnt think to hard about it. is it then possible to scale them so they get bigger?

UI updated again. It now fully supports both 1920x1080 and 1680x1050 widescreen resolutions. See the WoWInterface changelog for other modifications!
    Last edited by Rekcinad; 12-03-2010 at 01:37 PM.

Rekcinad's UI

Looks amazing . Please keep this up to date for cata

Been using your compilation since you released it: Can't beat the looks or functionality. Saw your 4.0.6 update at wowinterface and thought I'd give this post a bump. Thanks for keeping your comp updated!
    Last edited by desen; 02-23-2011 at 03:54 PM. Reason: spelling

Cheers for the bump! Updated this topic accordingly as well :-)

Am i really really dumb or this topic has no download link?
    Anyway, really great job! Looks awesome! I hope i find the link so i can give a try

Edit: Just did a search on wowinterface and got it. Here is the link if anyone gets lost like me :P
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ekcinadUI.html

Gonna try it now, thanks alot for this great work Rekcinad!

Ehhh thanks for pointing that out. Fixed that now!

Whoa that's pitbull, lol.

is there a reason why the chat font resets on your ui after zoning/reloading? i've never seen chatter do this before using your ui...
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Hi Rekcinad,

Thanks for the nice UI. Helps allot with maximizing screen real estate. I am having a problem tho, when I 'mouse over' on a target my framerates drop to about 5FPS/per target I mouse over. If im in a BG its a mess . getting about 4-5 down from 120 fps.

As first I thought it might have something to do with Tiptac, as it is retrieving infromation, I removed it and started wow up again. but no joy.

Has anyone else experienced this before?

* I found the problem, it was 'MoveAnything' that was causing the lag when mousing over other players/mobs
    Last edited by Pyorrhea; 04-11-2011 at 05:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Destruyen View Post
    is there a reason why the chat font resets on your ui after zoning/reloading? i've never seen chatter do this before using your ui...
    I think this has something to do with the Font settings in Chatter.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyorrhea View Post
    Hi Rekcinad,

Thanks for the nice UI. Helps allot with maximizing screen real estate. I am having a problem tho, when I 'mouse over' on a target my framerates drop to about 5FPS/per target I mouse over. If im in a BG its a mess . getting about 4-5 down from 120 fps.

As first I thought it might have something to do with Tiptac, as it is retrieving infromation, I removed it and started wow up again. but no joy.

Has anyone else experienced this before?

* I found the problem, it was 'MoveAnything' that was causing the lag when mousing over other players/mobs
    Thanks for pointing that out!

The user interface is being updated at the moment. There is a new Layout included in addition to the already exisiting one, to make it more appealing to more mainstream users. Check out the screenshots!

So it is usabble in 1680x1050? Thru the DL ?

+ Reply to Thread