+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Confused about where to start

Confused about where to start

Hola Folks, I started a Warrior Leveling thread the other day and was well into leveling when it was pointed out I should stop till after Cata came out. So I stopped, I headed back to my DK to try to finish out some things I wanted to do on him but I honestly don't even know where to start. I found what I think is a decent DW Frost build 3/31/2, and I started playing around with it. I retooled my glyphs and even jumped on reforging what I thought was the appropriate stats based off of a guide I found on Elitist Jerks.

Started setting up my hotbars with a really basic priority listing, but was unable to get the hang of it at all. I jumped in a few Heroics and was getting whomped, I never pulled aggro and I saw some decent numbers a few times but overall I sucked on DPS.

I am not sure where the issue came in at to be honest, and thats why I am coming to you guys.

I had been compiling the mats to PL myself into Blacksmithing to combo with JC, but haven't done it.

Armory:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...annh%C3%A4user

UI:
    http://flic.kr/p/8PrtWK

Also, I'd like to build into tanking again, Its what I did on this character from the point that he was first created, but if I can't get eh hang of DPS anymore, how can I expect to be able to tank. That being said I left my second Spec slot wide open.

//really annoyed at all the changes right now

Haven't tried DW Frost yet so i can't comment much but the thing i noticed on your gear is that you haven't reforged any of it. Frost mastery increases Frost damage done so i'd maybe start there.

Thats odd, I have reforged almost all of it in order to hit the Expertise cap

Hmm, it's not showing on the armory but it says you have 28 Expertise, which is way over the cap. The new cap is 23.

Okay will dump the extra where I can into mastery?

Consider's EJ guide has a section on reforging. I'd follow it, tbh.

Hang in there. You will get used to the changes pretty fast. I am pretty happy with frost right now. IN heroics, I am pulling 10K plus on trash (not that it matter much on trash) and between 5K and 6K on bosses. I have even tanked at frost DPS, cause we lost a tank, and the healer said go for it. I never lost aggro, and still hovered in the upper 3K range on bosses.

I think you will do great, just try not to fight the changes. Frost has not really changed much. Cannot speak for the other specs.

Here is my armory...... http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Madcowdsease

Quote Originally Posted by Grannos View Post
    I have even tanked at frost DPS, cause we lost a tank, and the healer said go for it. I never lost aggro, and still hovered in the upper 3K range on bosses.
    I tank as frost dps every now and then in case I have a decent healer and its one of the easier dungeons (for example DtK, UK, UP, CoS and a few others). Sure the damage is spiky but with about 40k hp some healers actually prefer it since they are so bored otherwise.

+ Reply to Thread