+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best addons for healer?

Best addons for healer?

Hello, I'm seeking for best addons for healing, especially for restoration Druids. I have downloaded and tried dozens of addons which doesn't please me, so I'm asking your help: Can you tell me the all necessary addons? I practically need everything (Unit Frames etc.)

I believe the most popular healing addons, at least among the healers I know, are Grid and Clique.

Grid is a raid frame addon that's heavily customizable as to how you want your frames, buffs and debuffs to appear. Many druids use it to monitor who has rejuv on them, etc.

Clique lets you rebind your abilities to mouse buttons with modifiers, so right click might be Rejuv, and Shift right click might be Regrowth or whatever. It lets you just clique on raid frames instead of having to click and then mash a key.
    Kathy, I said, "I'm lost" though I knew she was sleeping
    I'm empty and aching and I don't know why
    Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike
    They've all gone to look for America

I use Healbot and Decursive on my priest and pally. I've tried VhuDo also which is actually pretty nice, but I just am used to and like Healbot.

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    I use Healbot and Decursive on my priest and pally. I've tried VhuDo also which is actually pretty nice, but I just am used to and like Healbot.
    I'm oldschool and use only Grid. I think I should get with the program and get Clique or a similar program.

clique is completely optional if you are capable of clicking on someone to change targets in less than 1 GCD,I personally can't stand not being targeting someone to heal.

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

Nah. Us old Grid-only codgers gotta stick to our guns!

Yeah, I've always been able to retarget within the GCD no problem. I think the reason I'm considering Clique is simply to be able to have more binds readily available, especially for my priest, who has so many spells on her bar already. I almost never use Binding Heal, for example, simply because there's no space on the action bar for it.

That seems more like an action bars issue than a keybinds issue, unless you really do have 48+ abilities taking up all of your other spots.

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

Quote Originally Posted by Reev View Post
    I'm oldschool and use only Grid. I think I should get with the program and get Clique or a similar program.
    I just used Healbot from when I started healing on my Pally. While I like it, the interface is "blah" but it does do what I want it to do and I don't ask too much from it; ubber -customization and I dont' get along too well. I really like Decursive it makes Necrotic Plauge so easy on LK, little square lights up , timer appears in the box and one click and it's gone.

Although, the best healer I've run with, a Druid who was in a couple of guilds with me, is old school and heals using X-perl as his raid frames. He tells me I'm not really healing since I cheat with Healbot.

I also find it amusing that all of us hardcore tanks here also play healers and dps. A sign of the age of the game, I guess.

For what it's worth, I use Xperl for raid frames and Healium on all my healers.

I use Healium on my Holy Priest.

I couldn't imagine using Healium in a raid -- wouldn't that just take up too much space? And the little icons for each spell beside the health bars... isn't that difficult to click on in a hurry? Wouldn't it just be easier to bind your heals to mouse clicks, if you want to be clicky, and use clique/vuhdo/healbot?

I would have to agree with Reev about Grid+Clique being one of the most popular among verteran players.

Here are a list of the more popular ones that I know of. You can Youtube and see what best suits your play style.

Healium - Can be clunky at times. Well, all the time. I do not recommend for Raids at all.

Healbot - This works very much like Grid+Clique. I would recommend this one if your just starting out with using a healing addon. Not as confusing as Grid+Clique as far as getting it set up. I feel this is more of a stepping stone into click healing.

Grid+Clique - Decent add on, highly customizable. You can make it as clunky or as stream lined as your heart desires. Only Con? requires 2 addons... not that big of a deal

Vuhdo - So I saved my favorite for last. I just recently started using this add on. Due to Grid not having an update in time when 4.0.1 dropped in our laps. And I have not looked back. Has a click healing function, like all the ones above. It is HIGHLY customizable, can be confusing at times though. But once you get it set up to show all that you are wanting it is a great addon.

All the above add ons listed are all super addons. I have used the above mentioned add ons on a priest healer Disc/Holy and a Resto Shaman. I have yet to use Vuhdo on my Pally. but of course I am always taking the damage. LOL

Also, all the above raid frames support mouse over macros. If you are not sure what mouse over macros are. It is pretty much the same as hovering your mouse over a raid unit frame and clicking a mouse button. Instead you hover over a raid unit frame and mash a keybind on your keyboard.

Hope you can find one you like. Good luck with the add on hunting!

As for unit frames I like both Xperl and Pitbull Unit Frames. I like the latter better. I have heard Shadow Unit frames are decent, but I cannot comment I have never used it. I just know a few people that swear by it.
    Last edited by Pöny; 10-26-2010 at 09:27 AM.

click to heal/clique is overrated. clicking to target then pressing keybinds or bust!

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatme View Post
    click to heal/clique is overrated. clicking to target then pressing keybinds or bust!
    That's exactly what I used to do, no mods of any kind involved. It worked well for me in 5-mans, but saw that I'd have trouble in raids. I started wondering about mods, found something called "healbot" and just stuck with that. (I suppose if I'd found grid first I might have stuck with that instead, lol). Later I got curious and tried VuhDo, which I found I liked better.

I guess what I'm tryin to say is, if whatever you use doesn't feel right, you gotta try something else, whether it's target/cast, mouseover macros or click-to-cast.

Best addons for healer?

I would highly recommend trying all three of the most popular. I have used grid+clique, healbot and vuhdo. After using all three, I am a dedicated vuhdo fan. It does everything the other do. I think it still does more than healbot but healbot has been improving. It it much easier to configure than grid. Additionally, the developer of vuhdo is one of the most responsive (to tickets on curse) and active developers I have ever come across. The man should be paid.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatme View Post
    I use to target/mash buttons. Then I found mouse over macros. Then I found click to cast mods.

I actually use all the above. There are uses for all play style.

My point is as such: Everyone has there own play style.

Back to the OP - Please do not think there is only one way of doing things. There is always more than one way of doing things that come up with the same out come that you are looking to get. Find something that you feel comfortable with, mix and match if that is what will make you a better player.

Again Good Luck
    Last edited by Pöny; 10-26-2010 at 11:52 AM.

Hello Healers of all kinds,

First time on Tankspot and first Post ever..hope this helps someone.

With the New Raid/Party UI I only use decursive, omen, and bartender. I dropped Ozraid when 4.0 hit. My best weapon is my Belkin "N52te" game controller, this is not an add..lol. All I do is setup my Bartender to match my N52te, and away I go ! Just click on Toon who needs my service, hit correct button on my belkin...Bamm done. With the new addon it also shows incoming heals, this keeps me from overlapping the raid heals. I use Omen to watch if any DPS are getting close to agro, so I can stay ahead on my heals. Decursive bar I set up right next to UI boxes, so my mouse is always near by. Simple is better for me. The controller also has joystick on it so I can move more freely, I find myself jumping in and doing some Boss smashing, which is a good thing now that Blizzard changed us Holy Paladins.

Good luck and if you want I can send you a pic of my UI if you want, SpàrHawk of Bladefist

Like others have said I would try the "big" 3 first and go from there. I prefer vuhdo myself. I have heard great things about grid but I found the setup daunting and decided to not even try to get through all the config stuff.

+ Reply to Thread