+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 4.0.1 - Protection Warrior rotations?

4.0.1 - Protection Warrior rotations?

Hi all,

Usually when I hit 80 I'll go to EJ, or the WoW forums and read the stickied threads about how to play that class' particular role in raids.

I have been looking for threads for Prot Warriors in 4.0.1 patch. I haven't really found much. I did see a nice Youtube video by duxlol, but it's kind of hard to follow because he rambles on quickly and it's difficult to pause and evaluate what he said. It's easier for me to just read a quick write up and then learn it.

Does anyone know of some newer guides with tanking rotations, gemming and enchanting advice and perhaps what reforging is best right now?

Thanks in advance!

Nathin from Surreality has written a nice 4.0.1 guide, you can read it at http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...Id=27026399208
    Getting hit in the face by mobs since 2004 - Armory

Thank you! Very nice writeup by that person.

warrior rotations

i use a dps rotation from maxdps.com....but with this new patch or "nerf" tanking has been made different i was having aggro problems alot and getting rage starved like crazy...i solved both these issues....and i say this because you asked about what to reforge...i'd go with mastery...you or may not have a rage starving problem but i found if you constanly have shield block up...shield wall and spell reflection..shield bash all as often as possible will get you lots of rage...and reforging mastery gives extra blocking...blocking = rage....ive only played this about a yr...idk whats going on with blocking in Cataclysm but...everytime you block from the new patch you get 30 rage and everytime you spell reflect you get 60 rage...when i buy Cataclysm im going to gem expertise more and not just straight stamina and reforge mastery more...i looked at the last"nerf" as it was so impossible to tank..i have found i got better with mobs and done really lose aggro anymore even if i did a little....unless the dps is a total nub and im sure tanks out there know what im talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Mior View Post
    Nathin from Surreality has written a nice 4.0.1 guide, you can read it at http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...Id=27026399208
    You don't know if there is a new link for that? The new WoW forums seems to have nuked that link. I did some digging there and through google but wasn't able to find it.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

+ Reply to Thread