+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Unholy dps with new patch

Unholy dps with new patch

I know this is a tanking site which i will do with my second spec but what do i need to do with the new patch to max out my dps ability under unholy dk....?

http://manaflask.com/Daniie/blog/4889/

Is a good palce to start quite clear and concise .. I can't vouche it is 100% accurate but as I really hated unholy because of the pet thing.
    ** Remember Warcraft players fail in directions you never thought possible.

My understanding is that Unholy is heavily gear dependent, and very strict for rotation, glyph swapping and stat stacking. Frost is better for lesser geared players and would be better for an off spec until you get the gear to effectively do unholy single target DPS well.

The measure of a life is the measure of love and respect. So hard to earn, so easily burned - Neil Peart

well is there a way to link my toon and gear and stuff maybe you can tell me if i am geared right... I think i am on a 25m VOA i held 3278dps but i think i should be higher.... single target i usually crit 7k but i am not familiar with maxing my stats and things

Well I think Unholy is in a good place now, looks very competitive. I am gearing a Unholy DK, and with average ilevel 215 (including 3 or 4 tanking pieces from leveling...) did 6.5k on toravon. Elitist Jerks already has a guide on 4.01 unholy dks, you should find there all you need to know in terms of gearing, ability priorities etc.

I played around with my DK after the patch dropped just to have a look at the changes. I a mix of pvp and t9 gear I was pulling respectable DPS in VoA without having a clue what I was doing. I haven't tried frost yet, but I wouldn't imagine that unholy is any more gear dependent that frost. I'm not sure much has changed in the general play style since the patch, seems like keeping your diseases up and spamming plague strike (the purple button) and the occasional blood strike (to activate the t9 bonus) is good enough to look good enough.

+ Reply to Thread