+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dps help

Dps help

My name is lonejacobs. i am on the draka server. i am a alliance member. i would like help with my dps. i would like help with my frost rotation. i am specced into the frost tree.

A few glances at the stickies shuold tell you your a little off on how your asking for help.

Ideally we need you to...
    -link your armory
    -Give us some common fights to compare your DPS to
    -Let us know what research you have or have not done on your own
    -Tell us what buttons your hittin and in what order now

That said i cant seem to find your DK on the Armory please give us a link to his character sheet and we will see what we can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinytankz View Post
    A few glances at the stickies shuold tell you your a little off on how your asking for help.

Ideally we need you to...
    -link your armory
    -Give us some common fights to compare your DPS to
    -Let us know what research you have or have not done on your own
    -Tell us what buttons your hittin and in what order now

That said i cant seem to find your DK on the Armory please give us a link to his character sheet and we will see what we can do.

well yesterday i was hitting 5k on practice dummy......in dungeouns in hit close to 2k barley...and that is with the buffs etc... why cant i get high dps in dungouens and can get it out of them.

rotation is - PS IT BS OB FS HB

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ka&cn=Dariasha
    Last edited by LoneJacobs; 10-30-2010 at 05:50 AM.

Here is a frost DK guide which I find to be useful.

http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t105701-...ysm_countdown/

You have asked the same question in two threads but there is no rotation it's all priority.

Get the addon CLK-DK it will help to visual prompt you on screen and you will get the hang of priority.
    You can get it from here http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ls/clc-dk.aspx
    It's not perfect because it doesn't track rune power but it's close enough to start.

The start off sequence is always the same HB - PS - BS then it will start priority running.
    That sequence starts all your diseases running and hopefully starts you first proc.

Your haste is too low 304 is not high enough it needs to be 600-700. Till that point haste
    is much more important than crit ... in high gear it remains more important in lower gear
    we are finding it plateaus at that point. You have crit trinkets change them for a start.

Are you in unholy presence especially with your haste atm you will find it works better
    than frost.

What is your mastery level unfortunately you cant see it on armory?

EDIT: Is armory lying it says your AP is only 4176 I find that incredibly low you shouldn't
    be under 5K at your gear level and you will push up and over 6K as you gear up.

Some chants on your gear would also be good :-) You havent even done your 264
    gear you wont be changing for a long time.

Start with that and see how you go.
    Last edited by uglybbtoo; 11-03-2010 at 07:46 PM.
    ** Remember Warcraft players fail in directions you never thought possible.

Quote Originally Posted by uglybbtoo View Post
    You have asked the same question in two threads but there is no rotation it's all priority.

Get the addon CLK-DK it will help to visual prompt you on screen and you will get the hang of priority.
    You can get it from here http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ls/clc-dk.aspx
    It's not perfect because it doesn't track rune power but it's close enough to start.

The start off sequence is always the same HB - PS - BS then it will start priority running.
    That sequence starts all your diseases running and hopefully starts you first proc.

Your haste is too low 304 is not high enough it needs to be 600-700. Till that point haste
    is much more important than crit ... in high gear it remains more important in lower gear
    we are finding it plateaus at that point. You have crit trinkets change them for a start.

Are you in unholy presence especially with your haste atm you will find it works better
    than frost.

What is your mastery level unfortunately you cant see it on armory?

EDIT: Is armory lying it says your AP is only 4176 I find that incredibly low you shouldn't
    be under 5K at your gear level and you will push up and over 6K as you gear up.

Some chants on your gear would also be good :-) You havent even done your 264
    gear you wont be changing for a long time.

Start with that and see how you go.

i ame getting confused with all thes switch this and choose that........i do not have a fortune of gold to spend on armor this and rechant that.......how are you suppooped to find a "balan ced character if i am always switching and adding things?

Aside from what was posted above:

Your shoulders and one of your rings are tanking gear
    And your meta gem is a pvp meta, you should get the gem with 21 agility and 3% crit damage.

If u need gold Spare about 1/2 an hour and go do some dalies, u can get a tonne of gold from the Trial of the Crusader if u need Quick gold... But to pull the best numbers u need to be able to Gem, and enchant properly. Put the effort in and you will see better results
    DPS is the game, Healing is my Fame

Rankadin (Hpally)
    Skratchet (Kitty)

How are my stats now ?
    http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/3661/1305487345225563.png

wow talk about thread necromancy

change Icy Touch glyph : u have to fight(usually) to single boss and or few adds not making dps on trash packs
    expertise is over-caped : waste of stats
    hit is under-cap : there is no reason to get big hits if U cant land them on target, especially with 2h
    frost is for DW : its just it due to Threat of Thassarian talent
    not all items reforged as they should : like Wrists
    Enchants missing : like shoulder
    Stat priority: Str -> Hit (cap) -> Expertise (cap) -> Haste -> Mastery -> Crit
    You are going write way but not there yet
    If at first you don't succeed, you are running about average

@Uglybbtoo: I'm assuming you have HB glyphed? or is it no longer required since Cata? I honestly haven't paid much attention to my DK since he hit 85, and did my questing in blood. I've done DPS in what few heroics I've done to learn the fights, but only pull about 8k as frost DW. Admittedly, my gear's trash and my DK is semi-retired due to the monopoly of my play time he got during Wrath, but now I'm curious. lol

WOW this really really is an old thread .. it's only because it posted me I will bother responding.

I am playing my two warriors and mage these days I very rarely play my DK's so take what I say with a grain of salt.

This is my most geared DW frost dk
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...mallubb/simple

I have done all the heroics but not the new troll dungeons and he doesn't raid.

He does 14-18K in heroics and I was doing over 8K at level 83.

My older dk who I don't play has done 1 or 2 heroics from memory and he does around 10-11K
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...g/ubbdk/simple

I am stacking basically the same as always

strentgh > expertise to soft cap > hit to cap > mastery > haste > crit

Reforging crit to whatever I need.
    ** Remember Warcraft players fail in directions you never thought possible.

Pretty much on the way but haste is a stronger stat than mastery for DK currently, so prio
    Str > Exp 26 = Hit 8% >> haste > mastery > crit

Hence reforge out of crit whenever possible.

Doing effectively about 20K dps with mixed 359 offset with ZG/ZA weapons and other 353 items.

+ Reply to Thread