+ Reply to Thread

Thread: tanking weps in patch 4.0.1

tanking weps in patch 4.0.1

i have one big question here i play a prot pally and is it better to have a fsat tanking weapon with high dps or a slow wep with high damage and burst threat i have discussed this wit halot of people on my serve and still dont ahve a good solid answer if someone has a answer to this id be greatly appreciated thanks

Slower harder hitting weapon will produce more threat. Basically look at the top end dmg that it can produce, with the changes to wrathful gear the 2.6speed 1 handers are great and will out threat any 264 dps weapon while providing more stam than similar ilvl "tanking" weapons.
    www.blessthemartyrguild.com

thanks alot for the help : )

Theck over at mtadin went through the numbers and found out that Broken Promise, the 2.6 speed level 213 tank weapon from naxx25, does comparable dps to last word(264) and mithrios(271) and is only lagging slightly behind the heroic versions of the two (277 and 284 respectively). Slow weapons are much better for dps (and therefore also tps) than traditional 1.5-1.8 speed tank weapons and indeed in cataclysm there are no more fast one hand weapons with strength anymore.

+ Reply to Thread