+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warrior 102.5% avoidance stats

Warrior 102.5% avoidance stats

Need help on the new stats now that defence is gone. I was reading that tanks now need 102.5% avoidance. I reforged most of my gear to mastery and now have 21.01 dodge, 18.79 % parry, 44.13 % block..totals to 83.93% then you supposedly add 15% and 5% (unclear why) and that gets me to 103.93% avoidance..minimum/cap is supposedly 102.5%. I have looked at some other top geared warrior tanks (through wow heros) and they are doing pretty much the same. Hit and expertise is good. Is this the right way to go now?

I'm not sure where you're getting the extra 10+5% from. You'd add your miss chance to dodge/parry/block, but that's about it. Only other % comes from your raid buffs, which isn't much at all right now.

You're confusing the theory crafting you've been reading. 102.5% avoidance is "unhittable" warriors CANNOT hit this currently or for the foreseeable future. In theory Paladins can, in which case they will block some of every non-magical hit coming in.
    "A man can learn twice as much from milking a cat as two men can from a very tall fourth man.
    - Mark "Alec Baldwin" Twain

Unhittable=102,4%=block+parry+dodge+5%miss

Im currently at 99% unhittable raidbuffed as warrior with this setup http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...n=Bigbadorugly

If i change second trinket and some enchants/gems around i can hit 102,4% but it requires mostly 277 gear.

I just wanted to clarify. The 15% is for paladins only. We get an additional 15% block from holy shield. The 5% is any mobs innate chance to miss something of equal level. An additional 2.4% is added to the cap 100% avoidance to compensate for the bosses being 3 levels higher.

So for paladins its Block + Dodge + Parry + 15 + 5 = X

If X = 102.4% then you are unhittable

For warriors it is Block + Dodge + Parry + 5 = X
    If X = 102.4% then you are unhittable but I don't believe it is attainable at the moment unless you really start gearing/gemming for avoidance.

As warrior however you get a period with shield block where you are guaranteed to be unhittable and we get critical blocks and hold the line.

It all sort of balances out playing both not much diff between damage of either class.
    ** Remember Warcraft players fail in directions you never thought possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikak View Post
    You're confusing the theory crafting you've been reading. 102.5% avoidance is "unhittable" warriors CANNOT hit this currently or for the foreseeable future. In theory Paladins can, in which case they will block some of every non-magical hit coming in.
    Warriors in BiS gear can do it easily. Reforge + a few gems.

+ Reply to Thread