+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prot PvP I'm getting ready for Arena!!!

Prot PvP I'm getting ready for Arena!!!

So I've gotten my Talents together and acquired some good pvp gear. Can you guys give me some advice on what changes I need to make to my gear? I'm still working on weapon, trinks and rings. What should I be stacking? Strength, Hit Power, Crit or Attack Power? How can I get my Toon Ready to dominate the arena?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...lfang&cn=Zeyad

I might be wrong, but the next arena season will be at lvl85 all your gear etc will need to change. Probably a bit too early in the patch to get solid advice on gem/stats etc for pvp. With the changes to resilience I'm not sure what impact that will have on stat priorities.

thanks!!

I don't see prot being nearly as useful in arena as it was in wotlk. They removed 2 of our very best pvp talents, imp reflect and imp disarm. They also removed our imp defensive stance reduction to spell dmg. With the really large health pools all classes/specs have @ 85, and the fact we don't get rage from taking damage anymore (and still don't have our own ms), I think it'd be really difficult for us to burst many players down the way we could throughout most of wotlk.

From the looks of it, I think blizz wants prot warriors to be the king of pvp survival. With our self-healing talents and glyphs, such as blood craze, field dressing, impending victory and the imp reflect glyph and victory rush glyph, I think we are more suited for BGs than arena at the moment. Imagine being the flag carrier for a rated WSG team with all those talents/glyphs, full resil gear with resil gems, and some resist items like the sindragosa trinket and/or the new trinket from tol barad with a +resist use. Also should be great for defending in other BGs. It should be really easy for us to defend in EOTS or AB long enough for people to come and help save a base.

I could be wrong and maybe our pvp damage is still just as good as it was in wotlk, but I really think we're WAY more suited for rated BGs than arena as protection.
    Last edited by Dragaan; 10-23-2010 at 11:18 PM.

+ Reply to Thread