+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 4.0 - Uncrushable Clarification

4.0 - Uncrushable Clarification

Ok, so 4.0 has changed a lot of things (yah, rly). I've coped with the shift quite well so far, in my opinion, but there are some clarification points I'd like if possible. I've heard a few different things about avoidance and so on, as well as had a guildie put up a post he found about uncrushable.

As a note, I am interested in answers both in reference to current level 80 raiding, but also to level 85 raiding in Cata.

So, my basic question is thus:

Is "uncrushable" now something we should be concerned with / going for?

In the post, uncrushable is referenced as 102.4%. I may be wrong, but I thought this was the "unhittable" cap, rather uncrushable? Or is it the same thing?

I was (for some unknown reason) working under the assumption that crushing blows never left, but they are described as having "returned". Apparently, they never technically left, but the level difference had to be 4 levels (ie a boss level mob couldn't crush you, as it was only 3 levels higher), and has now been reverted to 3. Is this correct?

If crushing blows are back in, and a very real danger to tanks, do we shift away from the EHP stacking mantra, and instead go for uncrushable first, then EHP stack? On the one hand, I can see this being true given the armour nerfs (which made me /sadpanda on patch day), but on the other hand given Blizz have removed defense so that tanks don't have to juggle the def cap, reintroducing crushing blows and effectively forcing people to gear towards an uncrushable cap seems kinda counter-intuitive.

Any thoughts?

Crushing blows are something any mob 4 levels higher than you is cappable of dealing. It is neither gone nor relevant though. In Wotlk All skull boss mobs are only considered to be 3 levels higher than you and as such are not able to hit you with a crushing blow. No changes to boss level mobs has occurred nor will occur. Crushing blows were something you coped with back in the day you just dealt with them ( a large string could be an unhealable amount of damage) blizzard didnt like the mechanic and further didn't like tanks worrying about being crit immune( or using cheap mechanics like resilience so they could use less Defense gear) so they made it talented rather than gear based. All in all they want tanks to have to do more than just rotate CD's and swap at X stacks we have real mechanics to deal with very very soon. ( I.E tanking a boss while worrying about legion flame or some such problem)

Toushiro is offline 私はあなたのことをいつも考えています。
    I Doubt they would add uncrushable back into, because 2 out of the 4 tanks can't get block and 1 can't get parry.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    I keep a few steel bars in my home.

it is unhittable, crushes for all intents and purposes are removed from the game unless you're fighting someone 4+ levels ahead of you (leveling is the only case).

but there are no bosses that are 4+ levels above level cap, it is always 3+, so crushes are gone, and will stay gone for raids.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

As Khaz says we are now talking unhittable in Cata and simply put it's because at some point because of diminishing returns and dodge and parry caps block becomes more valuable than dodge and parry.

For pally tanks the theory has been well done by theck ... see

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.c...rb_v=viewtopic

It boils down to solving an two equation equations to find the cross point.

Warriors get a different amount of block per point of mastery and our base model stats are slightly different so this work does not give us the exact answer.

I have not seen anywhere it has been done but given our blocks are less than the pally's but we have critical blocks and and we have a block CD that basically would make us block capped then we guessing is it will be close to around the same.

It's certainly not a requirement to tank at the moment and you can choose to ignore it it's just liek always alot of us are min/max'ing our survival.
    ** Remember Warcraft players fail in directions you never thought possible.

Thanks for the swift replies guys.

I did think it sounded weird when the post was linked on my guild forums, as like I said, giving the def removal and the steering away from mandatory "caps" it just didn't make sense. That and, yeah, it's practically impossible to achieve for 2 out of the 4 tanks.

I'll correct the guildie asap!

Thanks

I basically consider unblocked hits crushings now, lol. Unhittable/uncrushable, w/e. Hell, I might even start calling them crushes since I seem to confuse so many people if I ever talk to non-tanks about being "unhittable".

you better not -_-'

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I'm going to call it - Unpantsable. If the boss hits you, he caught you with your pants down. Thus, if he can't full on hit you, you are unpantsable, or wearing suspenders.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MellvarTank View Post
    I'm going to call it - Unpantsable. If the boss hits you, he caught you with your pants down. Thus, if he can't full on hit you, you are unpantsable, or wearing suspenders.
    I'm Suspender capped, can't wear any more!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

I'm an expert(ise) and wear a skirt now not pants, lets call this the Suspense cap.

+ Reply to Thread