+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How is Shadowmourne for Warriors post 4.0.1?

How is Shadowmourne for Warriors post 4.0.1?

I had my BiS list all setup but the patch took a dump on that. However, Shadowmourne is still my top priority and I will get mine this coming Tuesday and was curious to see how it affects things for Warriors after the patch.

Landsoul's spreadsheet had Shadowmourne increasing my DPS by about 1500 instantly but that was back in the ArP days so now I have no idea. Any experienced Warriors have input on the impact of Shadowmourne vs Heroic Cryptmaker (I currently dual wield 2 of them)?

sigh i spose i'll just find out for myself =(

it's good. just like it always has been....

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatme View Post
    it's good. just like it always has been....
    That doesn't exactly give me any insight into the damage output difference between SM and Heroic Cryptmaker lawl

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelnut View Post
    That doesn't exactly give me any insight into the damage output difference between SM and Heroic Cryptmaker lawl
    You're comparing a 277 ilvl weapon against a 284 ilvl weapon, you realize this right?

Shadowmourne is >>>>> every weapon in the game outside of the unpronounceable 2hand sword that drops off H LK and in that case it's only 1 > better than that sword.

The hit on heroic cryptmaker is good now, but you're comparing a 3.6speed 325dps weapon to a 3.7speed 347dps weapon with a stacking strength buff and shadow damage proc. Shadowmourne is still by far the best.

It was never a question of what was best (of course SM is best), it was a question of how much better. Previously we had Landsoul's spreadsheet to make projections on DPS comparisons but that is nolonger around. I will remain hit capped once I get Shadowmourne so that is a non-issue it is simply a question of how much DPS do people generally improve with Shadowmourne replacing an ilvl277 weapon like Cryptmaker now compared with that step pre-patch when we still had ArP.

Essentially... how well does SM scale DPS improvements compared to previously? The ideal response would be someone recording Heroic Saurfang & Festergut using SM, then switching and recording the same 2 fights using a different weapon like H Cryptmaker so that numbers could be compared between the two.

But no worries, 3 days and I'll have one to test myself =)

+ Reply to Thread