+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Haste for Protection Warriors?

Haste for Protection Warriors?

hi there,
    i was making some calculations about how haste will benefit threat, damage and mechs on protection warriors. cata patch seems to give some attention to that stat. more haste-->more rage-->more time to do thing! imo in this patch primary stats for protection warriors must be hp-->hit rating-->expertise->mastery-->haste !!! about caps on mastery and haste dont think they got!
    i wanna know your opinion !

I'm finding the key to tanking is to biuld up vengeance fast, once you get it up to about 3k tankings a doddle with 17k SS's in an LFG and rage isn't a problem, even while skipping shield specialization.

lol i was pulling over 20k tps for most of the night last night don't recall any rage problems ... I don't think haste will need to be used at all.

Prot warrior threat is now ridiculous.

What did you do to generate that much TPS, that seems unheard of, as I can pull only around 8K?

both our tanks last night were pulling massive threat, basically all i was doing was the normal priority rotation except i added conc blow, and making sure to use shield block on cd, was getting 40k + shield slams last night most of them were around the 20-30k mark though.

Are you using vigilance on your off tank now that it doesn't nerf their threat ... vengeance stacks like a mofo, i only checked my AP once but when i did i had something like 15k ap, there is also a few "trix" me and my offtank did with reforging and certain items.

What are you using to measure TPS? I tried latest omen which is supposed to be 4.01 compatable but its miles off.
    ** Remember Warcraft players fail in directions you never thought possible.

[QUOTE=Sirloinsteak;463558]both our tanks last night were pulling massive threat, basically all i was doing was the normal priority rotation except i added conc blow,
    QUOTE]
    im curious about where you put in concusive blow and about what your spec is right now i am getting about 16k TPS from what i was seeing tonight it would be nice to get some more input also was this on boss pulls or trash pulls

one thing i think most warriors have established for right now is that our agro in randoms is going to be lacking a bit more compared to in a raid situation because you dont have your off tank to throw vigi on so just put it on the person who is pulling off you the most and try your best it is varrying from tank to tank what they do to hold agro on trash

Does it work the same if we are the off tank? Putting Vig on the MT?

if you are the OT you can throw vigi on your MT to increase your own attackpower and in turn your overall threat

Vigilance is a very powerful OT tool, it provides Vengeance to a relatively high degree on the OT(especially coupled with Intervene) and a damage reduction buff on the MT that stacks with other reduction buffs.

It actually worries me that it's so powerful, I think some (progress) guilds will ask Warriors to OT just for Vigi on the MT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

Quote Originally Posted by WarTotem View Post
    V I think some (progress) guilds will ask Warriors to OT just for Vigi on the MT.
    Shhh, don't say this. Some raid leaders may read this and force warriors into OT roles full time.

Quote Originally Posted by Arman View Post
    Shhh, don't say this. Some raid leaders may read this and force warriors into OT roles full time.
    On the other hand, if a Blizz employee reads it, they could bring it up internally :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

+ Reply to Thread