+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mage 4.0

Mage 4.0

Hi All. I'm at a loss trying to find the absolute "Best Spec" for raiding Mages with the new talents. I have an averaged 264 gearscore and i feel like im stuck between a rock and a hard place deciding between fire and arcane. I like the 2/31/3 Fire spec all the mages are raving about on my server but it seems more of a multi target build. So pretty much I need 2 questions answered. What spec? And, what stats should I have to run the spec? Thank you in advance for any helpful info.

you know, we have both a dps forum, and a HALP forum for these types of questions.

moved to HALP.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Sorry I wasn't sure if it was an advice topic or a class mechanics topic.

I don't thinkt here is a single spec - there are a lot of utility talents that there just hasn't been a lot of theorycrafting done on yet. Personally, I feeel like Arcane is pretty crazy - I was in sunwell as arcane the other day and posted 22k dps on Felmyst.

Its tuned for lvl 85 so you can pretty much spam arcane blast without too much concern for mana conservation at lvl 80. Fire is a lot of fun and both specs are OP so it probably devolves to a question of what playstyle you enjoy and what sort of encounter in particular, you are speccing for.

Do some research? We have a fire mage thread dedicated to the topic in the DPS discussion forums.

Look at my armory & spec, that's the most common "single target" spec out there.

get to 45% crit, haste as high as you can, spellpower as high as you can. Each point of int is now equal to 1.1 spellpower, so put 20 int gems into anything giving you a socket bonus of 5sp or less. 7 or 9 SP might be worth socket bonusing. Gem blues as int/hit, reds as int, and yellows as int/haste (int/crit if you are below 45%).

mastery is currently useless for single target builds, but the multi target trash builds it shines (because of all the extra dot damage).

Cry Havoc! And let slip the Ghosts of War..

Quote Originally Posted by Tehassassin View Post
    Hi All. I'm at a loss trying to find the absolute "Best Spec" for raiding Mages with the new talents. I have an averaged 264 gearscore and i feel like im stuck between a rock and a hard place deciding between fire and arcane. I like the 2/31/3 Fire spec all the mages are raving about on my server but it seems more of a multi target build. So pretty much I need 2 questions answered. What spec? And, what stats should I have to run the spec? Thank you in advance for any helpful info.

If you're unsure what is the "absolute best spec" for raiding mages, then Blizzard did their job well with the changes.
    Kathy, I said, "I'm lost" though I knew she was sleeping
    I'm empty and aching and I don't know why
    Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike
    They've all gone to look for America

+ Reply to Thread