+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mage Gems/Enchants

Mage Gems/Enchants

Halp! I need Advice!

I've been looking around for resources on some solid theorycrafting on mage gems/enchants for 4.01, any ideas? EJ doesn't seem to have finished puzzling over gems post patch.

I plugged my toon into RAWR earlier today and it's advocating some pretty radical changes, including re-enchanting most of my gear for mp5, and almost an entirely new set of gems but I haven't been able to find theorycraft discussions to support said changes.

rawr is broken as far as i'm aware, especially since MP5 has been removed from the game. Don't expect rawr to be functional until after cata comes out, and even then expect a lag of at least a month.

fire mage and arcane mage are going to be different, so be specific.

general rule = red, 20 int; yellow, int/haste (unless you are below 45% crit, then go int/crit), blue, int/hit. If it gives a socket bonus of 5sp or less, just use 20 int, as 1 int is now 1.1sp. The other socket bonuses are probably worth having (7, 9, or 12 sp).

Enchants don't change. Spellpower on everything, haste on cloak (or lightweave if tailor), black magic on 1h or 81sp on staff.

Cry Havoc! And let slip the Ghosts of War..

Groovy - thanks.

+ Reply to Thread