+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tank Stats

Tank Stats

whats should i use to block spell crit on my pally should lose the stam gems spell protection in there place
    158d718a-b345-4de8-9341-e084e0fcb80c

ummm..... what?
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Tank Stats

1. Mobs cannot crit with spells
    2. There is no spell protection gem

I am assuming you saw a "spell penetration" gem and misread it causing a chain of reactions for you. Spell penetration is a caster pvp gem.

If I have misunderstood or jumped to the wrong conclusion, please clarify for us.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

I assume your asking caps for shield block cap?

Dodge 21.6
    Parry 21.4
    Block 40.38
    Quote Originally Posted by WarTotem View Post
    You know you just called yourself an asshat, right?

Why on earth would you decide those are the numbers? And even with them, I don't think that'd put you on a 100% avoidance.

I mean, for block to be active on ever attack that isn't dodged/parried you'll need 102,6% avoidance on a raid boss, right?
    Those can be distributed any way you'd manage - it can be 30% dodge and 20% parry with 52% block.... Or am I missing something?

Hi, I'm a paladin tank...

In order to reach the Unhittable block cap(meaning all attacks against you will result in a dodge, parry, block, or miss) you need 102.4% combined avoidance.

For Paladins we get to cheat a bit due to holy shield. Take your Dodge + Parry + Block + 15(Block due to Holy Shield) + 5(Innate chance to miss). If all these things added up equals 102.4% then you cannot be hit.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/14870...val-guide-4-0/

This has a little more information on the subject. Anyways I put mastery on all my gear and guess what? I cannot be hit now. Mastery makes it easy to reach the block cap for paladins.

Enjoy your 30% extra damage reduction.

+ Reply to Thread