+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fury threat > it's DPS?

Fury threat > it's DPS?

Ran Naxx for a warm up and was constantly pulling off the tanks even if I auto-attacked for the first 30 seconds.

Are there any threat reducers I'm missing?
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

From what I have heard, there arent any. We have a fury warrior in our guild bursting for 30k tps. He usually ends up being tank or holding back nearly half of his dps.

That's what I noticed. I'm having to wait 30 seconds to even think of using Deathwish, and if the tanks don't mark trash I have a few on me until I find the one they're actively building up threat and then waiting for their AoE to grab aggro back.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

If you go back over posts I have been saying this since day 1 of fury buff there something wrong you guys are worse for threat than mages were.

No-one commented or even acknowledged the problem but I see same thing I will be generating 20K TPS and fury warrior will coming screaming past that.

There is definitely a multiplier or something screwed since they did the buff.
    ** Remember Warcraft players fail in directions you never thought possible.

Quote Originally Posted by uglybbtoo View Post
    If you go back over posts I have been saying this since day 1 of fury buff there something wrong you guys are worse for threat than mages were.

No-one commented or even acknowledged the problem but I see same thing I will be generating 20K TPS and fury warrior will coming screaming past that.

There is definitely a multiplier or something screwed since they did the buff.
    Cata isn't designed for lolzwtfaoe.

Use more raging blows and less whirlwinds. Won't make your dps through the roof but will keep you alive.

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    Cata isn't designed for lolzwtfaoe.

Use more raging blows and less whirlwinds. Won't make your dps through the roof but will keep you alive.
    o_O

Considering it's a rotation of BT - RB - BT - Cleave/WW rinse and repeat for trash and BT - RB - BT - HS/Slam for single target....

WW is a garbage large trash pack ability with a too long CD for it's effect, it's rarely used. I don't know where you're getting the idea that anyone with a threat issue is spamming AoE?

The fact is single target or multiple, I'm not able to even begin to go all out and when I do, I quickly catch the tanks in threat, even at full vengence.

I can understand wanting to gimp AoE threat and if DPS is stupid about AoE then they pull big repair bills, but single target, basically having to ignore your best abilities... Something seems very, very wrong about that to me.

Of course, it would even be worse if they didn't break the 2pc bonus for Fury. Fury just feels broken, top to bottom. Too much threat without any way of dumping. An even simpiler rotation unless I'm missing something. Tier bonuses that are impossible to activate as Fury. Wonky rage generation (I would seriously love something a little less RNG - Not more rage, just more controllable - I would love a 10 rage HS, 20 rage Slam and 30 rage execute or something like that and/or the same rage given over time rather than in spurts). It feels like I'm paying for the privledge of Blizzard using me (us) as beta testers.

WTB rage dump and get rid of the ineffective flat 10% threat dump. /rant.

BT - RB - BT - HS** on a single target is all the two I run with do and the threat is in no proportion to the DPS. With both in the same raid its a bloody nightmare.

Edit: Was just talking on vent and a guildie pointed out we are not alone http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r249...r-4.01-Raiding same issue moment they get up to 11-13K dps they ripping it off tank.
    Last edited by uglybbtoo; 10-22-2010 at 01:08 AM.
    ** Remember Warcraft players fail in directions you never thought possible.

I run with a Fury Warrior, Unholy DK and a Shadow priest. We're all decently gear and they will pull of me on AOE fights. But they can't touch my TPS on single targets that's with them pulling over 10k on most boss fights. That said, I didn't do any raid tanking since 4.01.

On another note, I've been mostly DPS tanking randoms if the healer can take it. Most healers enjoy it since it makes it more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Persipnei View Post
    On another note, I've been mostly DPS tanking randoms if the healer can take it. Most healers enjoy it since it makes it more interesting.
    Except the concern here is raids :-/ Heroics are still pretty faceroll due to overwhelming DPS.

+ Reply to Thread