+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hit, Intel, Spirit Oh my!

Hit, Intel, Spirit Oh my!

http://http://www.wowarmory.com/char...iders&cn=Aaida

So, here is my armory link. I confess that I'm sorely lacking in hit, but I'm not happy with my other stats either and just can't figure out how to fix them.
    Currently running random heroics to get the JPs and doing fine healingwise but afraid to PUG the tougher content (ICC, OS, etc.). I just HATE it when everyone dies.
    All constructive critiques will be greatly appreciated.

You tagged this post as healing... As a healer you need 0 hit. As a Tree going boomkin, Resto Shaman going Elemental (or any healing/dps caster class, I believe) there are talents in the DPS tree to convert spirit into hit...

Also, I can assure you that everyone else hates when everyone dies, too.

Can't check your armory now though, as Armory is down...

Quote Originally Posted by JokerFMJ View Post
    As a healer you need 0 hit.
    I just wanted to emphasize that.

Aside from that...now we wait from someone with a handle on tree healing to give some more advice. >.<

Well, zero hit, eh? I never realized that. I'm more used to DPS classes and just never considered it. A good start. :-)

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...iders&cn=Aaida

is the proper link and it's a priest.

I find a good way for me to know if i'm ready for icc on a healer is how much mana i use up in heroics, how often the groups health is in trouble and how i manage with panick situations. Gear wise your have plenty to be doing icc. I recomend reforging the hit on the staff and wand to mastery rating. maybe some of the big chunks of crit too like on your chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Grousey View Post
    it's a priest.
    Aha, the plot thickens.

Check out the stickied disc and holy guides in the forums. A lot of the thread is for pre-4.0.1 stuf, but the ends of the threads has some discussion of the changes. And, it might be helpful to know what state healing was in before 4.0.1 in a background knowledge kind of way.

Thanks, Grousey, I'll try your advice.
    Thank you too, Bashal. I searced the threads buy I guess I did'nt search thoroughly enough. I'll keep looking. Pre-patch I was doing fine healing instances. HHoR gave me a few hard times but that's just HHor. Even made it inyo ICC but just as far as Marrowgar.
    Last edited by Aaida of Farstriders; 10-19-2010 at 06:22 PM. Reason: correct typing

Frankly, HoR can be harder to heal than ICC purely due to random people and their inability to hit the right target or behave well.

the pre-patch guides should be perfectly usable. With the exception of the larger mana pool, PW:barrier (so pretty) and the talented ability to use heal to decrease the PW:shield debuff, the actual gameplay for a disc priest is the same.

The only gameplay changes for disc are the talents that make use of smite, but you will not want to use them in raids right now anyway.

Haven't had a go on holy since the patch though /shrug

+ Reply to Thread