Thread: All You Can Eat - Sindragosa

All You Can Eat - Sindragosa

Last week, our guild's 10 man raid decided to do an achievement run. We pretty much stomped through all of them, including even doing I'm On A Boat on heroic. We had already done the LK achievement along with a few others. Our last one to do is All You Can Eat. We started at that one later in the raid week and spent all three hours of our raid time on it...and failed. We got very close several times; one time we even got her to 12k with no one getting 6 stacks of Mystic Buffet, but the last man standing (myself) died. (Quite depressing, let me tell you.) She never enraged, so dps is not the problem.

Our strategy seemed pretty sound, and pretty straightforward -- just have everyone clear their stacks on every iceblock, including tanks. I'm posting all this here to ask if anyone has done this achievement, and if so, what worked for you?
    Last edited by Katharsis; 06-16-2010 at 10:12 AM.

We 1 shot it on 10man just by doing the very basic strat of "reset at every iceblock" I don't understand how you are dying though, she doesn't really do anything in normal mode 10 other than 7k melee swings and a 1.5k tick aura.

25man mode on the other hand.

Did this one last week the hard part we found was positioning the ice blocks properly and breaking them at the right time. They have to be close enough to the tanks that the can both be switching off and breaking stacks each Ice Block.
    Having tanks who are able to charge made this easier for our group (Bear and warrior).

We had both Ice Blocks being dropped by her head one 10 yards behind the other when the first was not yet down.
    Assigning one DPS to the blocks and leaving the rest to DPS the boss helps to make the timing for breaking the blocks more controllable and any one decent DPS and can easily handle the Ice Blocks alone.

Hope that helps.
    Addon Author: What's Next? - AllPlates - Sudoku - Death Clock - Super Loot

@gacktt
    We aren't dying. Someone or another will get 6 stacks, so we purposefully wipe. The scenario I gave was a one-time thing that I thought would be depressingly humorous to tell.

@Strucker
    Cool. We were already thinking of assigning a DPS just for Ice Blocks, since that seems to be the problem. I'll bring this up, thanks. We aren't problems with tanks clearing their stacks unless the Ice Blocks are not being broken at the right times. It's been the DPS or the healers that seem to be getting in the most trouble not clearing their stacks. Also, when you say the 2nd Ice Block was being dropped 10 yards behind the previous, do you mean behind as in the direction towards the stairs, or further away past her head, further out to the side?

Quote Originally Posted by Katharsis View Post
    @Strucker
    Cool. We were already thinking of assigning a DPS just for Ice Blocks, since that seems to be the problem. I'll bring this up, thanks. We aren't problems with tanks clearing their stacks unless the Ice Blocks are not being broken at the right times. It's been the DPS or the healers that seem to be getting in the most trouble not clearing their stacks. Also, when you say the 2nd Ice Block was being dropped 10 yards behind the previous, do you mean behind as in the direction towards the stairs, or further away past her head, further out to the side?
    Yeah we positioned it 10 yards back toward the stairs. I'm not sure its the ideal position but it worked for us.

We had some trouble with paladin tank and replacing him with one offspec feral tank made switching really easy. Also rotate blessing of freedom on your tanks if you have abundance of paladins.
    Crommi | Archaic Order | Lightning's Blade EU

We did a 25 man achievment run, got every single achievment (had got both LK ones the week before) and then got to Sindragosa. We do it perfectly until someone ends up failing when the boss is on 100k so we can't even call a wipe. Needless to say our raid was pissed off for the rest of that day.

Two tanks fine for this achievment, if you're swapping every time you can its fine. You should use the strategy of one iceblock near the back of the boss and one near the front. Our dps is such that we don't break the first iceblock until the 2nd one is announced. Tanks will almost certainly need to taunt from the back of the boss and turn her 180 degrees. Just make sure to not taunt while she is frost breathing, and don't taunt *directly* from the back because of tail smash.

Quote Originally Posted by Crommi View Post
    We had some trouble with paladin tank
    No reason a pally tank can't do this, all he has to do is HoF himself. Done it on 10 and 25 man.

The only time the tank is in danger is on the initial swap if your off tank is a bit slow in the head (a good reset will happen at 2 stacks, and the MT goes out with 3, if he misses an instant LOS on the first block then the MT is at risk of being at 5 stacks or more. Once you take care of this the swaps happen every 2 stacks no problem).

Save a swiftness potion for bad death grips.

Excellent. Thank you all. We'll be trying it in about 30 minutes.

Assigning a DPS worked perfectly. Got our drakes!

Easiest way to do this on 10man = tanks reset every block AND get themselves blocked on purpose each time. Have the marked person place the block near her head (on the side of the current tank) and, once the boss is taunted, have the relieved tank run towards the marked person. Yes, it's fairly simple to do with the tank just resetting like normal each block, but this way is far easier and more fool-proof IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Katharsis View Post
    Assigning a DPS worked perfectly. Got our drakes!
    Grats on the drake!

We just simply zerged her with one tank last night and got it just before it ticked to 6 debuffs.

This is what we did. 1 tank, 2 heals and 7 dps. With the 30% buff, we downed her with 4 stacks of the debuff. Since youre zerging, completely ignore ice blocks and destroy her. Also, save BL for that phase if you have it. Finally, you want to push her right after an air phases so you dont have lingering abilities (Unchained, ect) going around. Get her close, stop dps, and right when she lands, zerg her.

She should go down pretty quickly.
    Last edited by Unger; 08-02-2010 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Oops, didn't see you got it. Gratz!
    Deeps for show..... tank for dough.....

I will suggest the same thing my guild did for the 25 man strategy. If you are having problems with your tanks dropping stacks, keep your first ice block up until the tank clears and then let him drop stacks before the melee blow it up. Ranged should be focusing on DPSing the boss while not getting trapped inside ice blocks, while your 2 melee focus on the ice blocks when they need to come down. If you get a 3rd and your first block has not been destroyed and both your tanks have not switched around at least once, forsake that person until the previous two ice blocks have been destroyed and the 4th is about to come down. So basically in 25 man we had an inverted and backwards L shape going where the first block was near the front of the boss, the second near the tail and the 3rd wound up getting dropped behind the first one. Unfortunately due to 10 man DPS limitations you have a harder time losing a DPS or healer to ice blocks, but don't be afraid to let the fight drag on a bit in favor of surviving. Keeping people alive and keeping stacks off your melee who shouldn't be attacking the boss at all with anything other then some ranged abilities they might have (paladins for instance). Caster can pop out from behind the ice blocks when someone is not targeted by the ice bomb or a Blistering Cold isn't about to pop up, because then you start running risks of more of the Mystic Buffet debuff.

The measure of a life is the measure of love and respect. So hard to earn, so easily burned - Neil Peart