+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question about gems.

Question about gems.

Is there a reason I see so many people changing their sockets to match the gem's colour?

I mean,is it just so they can get the socket bonus, since many stats benefit you, or is there some sort of a spacial bonus if all your gems match your sockets?

Are you tank fellas still max your stamina gems, or do you put 15 dodge/10 stam etc gems to fill in socket bonus? Or maybe you're even using 20 dodge gems?

I'm totally clueless about re-gemming, any help would be very much apriciated

You get the socket bonus. For my tanks, I'm still stacking stam and for holy pally intellect; but for mage and hunter I go for the bonus' since some of the purple and orange gems have stats I want. On the mage I want haste and intellect now (orange) or spirit and stam (purple, kind of stuck with the stam) or hunter agility and crit or agility and stam (again stuck with the stam for the agi), just depends on the toon.

I'm thinking reforging may move me to replace what I reforge with gems, but not really sure if the mastery is worth it yet.

Thanks, that's what I thought. There were talks about making stat bonuses if all your gems suit your sockets, just like what they did with a bonus if all your armor is of the right kind... But I guess they scrapped that idea. Too bad.

Hi,

as a tank, at least on my warrior I do not stack +30 Stam like I was used to. I fill up some red sockets with parry/stam gems due to hold the line talent (2/2). This iwll give you a nice boost in threat. I keep my Parry and dodge quite similar at around 20% and reforged every other dodge to mastery landing at around 21% parry, 20% and 41% block (which means 20,,5% crit block). In raids this gives you a very good survivability and healers are quite relaxed at the moment. Not to mention my dps skyrocketing. In bosses wih huge burst damage, i.e. Festergut I critted Shild Slams at a ridiculous level, my highest crit was 71,117 dmg!!! And this with my mediocore euqiopped warrior with a gs of 5912! One more advice: Go for the T10 4pc, even the 251's are mostly superior to other gear. I even droppen miy Pillars of might in fvour of my Sanctified Legs which I luckily got from Wintergraps a few weeks ago which pre-patch was unthinkable.
    So to conclude there seems to be a change in paradigm:
    -Get parry over doge if you skilled "Hold the Line", which for raiding you should do.
    -By<ebye EH. Don't thack Effective Health so much as used to. Try to regem Hit/stam, Exp/stam and parry/stam where socket bonusses are reachable if you are below hit cap (8%; 7% for Draenei) respectively exp cap (26). Even reforge exp if you are hard below the cap (with T10 i reasched it without reforging any exp).
    -reforge any dodge to parry where possible to get high mastery (only a little mastery does not seem to get a good benefit).

My build is 2/2/32 with 2/2 field dressing, 2/2 cruelty. Quit Blood and Thunder , get to incite. Max toughness, all tier 2 and 3 talents. In tier 4 skip Impending victory and also skip safeguard in tier 6. Max rest of Tier 4-7.

This works very well for me in raids. Heroics are another issue, but there it depends a lot on DPS'sers to be patient a let you get a little aggro.

I hope this helps^^

Cheers

I was easily able to to get 26 expertise skill and 8% hit to max both those caps with reforging.

I reforged parry to hit or expertise (since threat matters now).

In my opinion gemming stamina is still the correct way to do things. Avoidance is still RNG and Stamina will always be there.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

i gem for stat bonuses. not because it's a good idea, but because i'm OCD and seeing gray on my items makes me feel inadequate.

p.s. just an passing thought, take it or leave it, but if tanks are gemming all stamina, and all the other tanking gems (parry, dodge, and i guess str now and not agility) affect melee damage, there should be more spell resistance gems or something to make up for it, so that more people will have a vague interest in getting socket bonuses.

Tanks don't need to regem, same as always gemming. Stam, and one purple to activate the meta. If the socket bonus is 9 stam per multicolor gem, then you gem for it.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

+ Reply to Thread