+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wrathful shield vs Neverending Winter

Wrathful shield vs Neverending Winter

Hi all! I'm currently using normal Neverending Winter and Falric's Wrist Chopper. I have access to the Wrathful 181 stam shield, and one handed sword / Axe. I'm having a hard time deciding if I should grab the two wrathful, or stick with my current. I can only reforge the critical strike on the wrathful, where as on the chopper/winter I have the choice of dodge / parry. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

wrathful shield is stam and armor.. that's it, resilience does nothing for tanking anymore so even if you put a dodge enchant on it, it's still going to be bit pants. don't really know about the axes, again no avoidance and the reforging wont really give much. it is only my oppinion that a good 251 tank shield and axe will bet a pvp 270 hands down.

Because the proper way to gear is still EH (and likely will continue to be) the Wrathful is better because it has more armor and stamina. Reforge the resli to something else like hit/exp or dodge.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

You can't reforge Resilience.
    "Just because it's not nice doesn't mean it's not miraculous." - T. P.

I much prefer Heroic Neverending Winter to the other shield, IMO HNW is best in slot

Quote Originally Posted by Bodasafa View Post
    Because the proper way to gear is still EH (and likely will continue to be) the Wrathful is better because it has more armor and stamina. Reforge the resli to something else like hit/exp or dodge.
    I'm afraid I don't think an increase of 1 stamina and 80 armor makes up for a loss of 2.55% avoidance. Heroic Neverending Winter Destroys the Wrathful Shield. Even with non-heroic Neverending Winter, you're giving up 2.46% avoidance for 61 stamina and ~250 armor. EH is better than avoidance, yes, but we're not talking about equivalent numbers here.
    Kathy, I said, "I'm lost" though I knew she was sleeping
    I'm empty and aching and I don't know why
    Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike
    They've all gone to look for America

I much prefer Heroic Neverending Winter to the other shield, IMO HNW is best in slot

Don't raid 25 man?
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

+ Reply to Thread