+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Warrior] - Desperate!!!

[Warrior] - Desperate!!!

Okay .. there is no simple way to put this..

WTF is wrong with me?

-I pull 1 trash pack in Heroic Sethekk Halls, and get hit so hard that I have to eat/bandage before I pull another mob..

Before the patch I could run the entire thing, farm all the trash.. and not have to "regen" once. Don't get me wrong I take damage .. just not life threatening damage on a simple trash pull in an instance made for people 10 levels lower than me..

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Thac%C3%B8

Please .. I am begging you folks ..

I love topics like this!

The anwser is simple: don't talk numbers before Cat hits! Everything isn't scaling right... from PvP Mages / Warlocks to simple PvE mobs. Take for instance our Paladin tank the other day in ICC 10. I recall healing him alot more then I normally do. Everything's just a bit messed up at the moment.

On another note; if by "1 trash pack" you mean the 2 Sethekk Guards you find at 3 places in the instance, that's fairly normal. They've ALWAYS done alot of damage. Add that up to the lates 4.0.1 "damage mess-up" and you can figured the picture out for yourself.

Regards,

Mn
    Mnbt - 80 Tauren Druid // Nri - 80 Blood Elf Death-Knight // Realm - Talnivarr (EU)
    Faith is the first step, even if you can't see the whole staircase... ~ Annie

Here's your answer: Block value is gone.

Our block used to easily absorb 100% of the damage from weaker mobs (exactly like lv 70 heroic mobs vs an 80 tank). Now it's a flat 30% (or 60% if it happens to crit). Gone are the days where we could just run around in our block value gear and take zero damage from melee mobs.

If you enjoy soloing instances like this, make sure you keep a spec with all of the +healing talents and even impending victory. While you'll end up taking WAY more damage from mobs like those than you used to prior to the patch, the overall run should be EASIER. Why? Because we now have so many ways to heal ourselves. You might not have to eat ever if you take all the +healing talents and carry some potions with you. Remember demo shout is much more important now when you're soloing content. Thunderclap as well. Make sure they're both up if you're at ALL worried about what you're tanking.

I dunno how long you've been tanking, but the lv 70 heroic 5man trash hit pretty hard at times. MUCH, MUCH harder than ur average lv 70 mob. Block was really overpowered prior to 4.0 for tanking trash like that tho. You're not doing anything wrong, these are just the changes that blizz made to us.
    Last edited by Dragaan; 10-19-2010 at 09:01 PM.

Don't forget, they also lowered the bonus armor value on items AND nerfed the mitigation provided by armor itself.

PS who snickered the first time they looked at their Gnomegeran Auto-Dodger

I found this on the forums and found it interesting enough to repost. Might explain why we are seeing increased damage.

http://www.worldofraids.com/wow-blue...tentional.html

Needless to say there is nothing wrong with you, you are taking more damage. We all are.

Great, start the 81 scaling at 80. :-/ Thankfully healers are more powerful on average than before an the mana issues haven't kicked in.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    Don't forget, they also lowered the bonus armor value on items AND nerfed the mitigation provided by armor itself.

PS who snickered the first time they looked at their Gnomegeran Auto-Dodger
    Snickered? I wept silently in mourning.

You will be missed Gnomeregan Auto-Blocker (and you too, Coren's Lucky Coin...remember that brief period of time when they stacked? ah...memories).

+ Reply to Thread