+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Fury 4.0.1] Stat weight?

[Fury 4.0.1] Stat weight?

Okay so .. as Fury in 4.0.1 my stat weighting is

Expertise > Str > AP, Crit > Haste > Hit > Everything else...

Hitcap - 164?

I haven't tried it out, but my friend who did 6k at 1st... changed his hit into 27%. He's sitting on a solid 12k. The rest focused on haste, where exp was kinda ignored but there was enough to have it about half cap. Donno the math behind it, but I'm sure it worked for him...

No, you want to get a solid amount of hit, as haste gives you no rage and no enrage, literally nothing. Hit gives you more attacks, more chances at enrage and gives you rage.

My current stats are:

21% Hit
    180exp rating (need 173 now to be capped)
    48% Crit
    14% Haste

You don't necessarily have to hard cap hit, but it is your top valued stats aside from strength.

With my current set up, I've been hitting about 13k on the dummy.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/mugthol/Saal/advanced

Re: [Fury 4.0.1] Stat weight?

Quote Originally Posted by Thac° View Post
    Okay so .. as Fury in 4.0.1 my stat weighting is

Expertise > Str > AP, Crit > Haste > Hit > Everything else...

Hitcap - 164?
    You are a bit backwards.
    Expertise > hit > str > haste > crit
    Hit cap is 27% about 750 hit.
    Don't get AP. Wear all plate for the 5% damage bonus.

Sent from my Evo 4G using Tapatalk

the first thing i went for, regem most gems to STR, except those needed for meta gem activation...
    then went for 27% HIT, hard capped, (0 miss on level 83 boss, all the rage you'd need for Blood Thirst, Raging Blow and Heroic strikes...)
    26 on expertise,
    then still had 8% on haste left over after reforging most things to add HIT

Crit, whatever's left for now, with my current gear set. Trinkets: mark of supremacy and herkumi token.

pulling 7.5k dps on heroic dummy going 8k (with good latency)

reforge herkuml war token to hit or exp or crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lautoa View Post
    reforge herkuml war token to hit or exp or crit.
    NO after expertise and hit cap you actually want haste now.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/gabbu/advanced

Get 8% Hit (including Precision), 26 Expertise. After that, Crit (33% for flurry uptime) >Strength > Hit (up to 27%) > Haste > crit (past 33%)> Mastery.

reforge all of your crit rating into hit until 27% hard cap, and then into haste after that.

BTW, haste DOES increase your rage gains, b/c you are executing more white attacks.

For every 1% of haste, your attack frequency increases a direct 1%.

For enrage uptime,

I used the weapon speed value of Shadow Mourne and Cryptmaker, 3.7s and 3.6s respectively. This is also assuming that you are hard hit capped at 27%, so no white melee hits will miss. I HAVE NOT yet included all of the special (yellow) attacks, like Hstrike, BT, etc. (working on it)

Taking the Enrage effect, I see that you need to hit atleast 12 times within 9 seconds with any given attack, whether it be melee, or special's, in theory, to refresh enrage within the given time.

Enrage time: 9second long proc, chance to proc off of any hit: 9%

That means we'll take 100% divided by 9%, this gives us 11.111, rounded up to 12, since we can't hit .11 of an attack, lol.

White attack speed-----# of hits within 9 seconds from one weapon
    3.0-------------------------3 hits
    2.0--------------------------4.5 hits
    1.5--------------------------6.0 hits BINGO!

A given person will need to atleast hit 12 times to hopefully get a refresh on the "enrage" proc within the up-time of 9 seconds.

Given the speed values of MH/OH weapons, at 3.7 and 3.6, our base hits per 9 seconds is going to be 2.43 swings for 3.7 speed, and 2.5 swings for 3.6 speed within a 9 second "enrage" window. This is just white melee attacks.
    For calcutlating Specails, we can see from this rotation that we'll have atleast 9 special attack hits:

0.0 ---------1.5 -------------3.0 -----------4.5 --------------------------6.0 ---------7.5
    BT+HS-->RB(hits twice?)-->BT+HS--> free GCD(51% chance slam)-->BT+HS--->RB--->repeat, at 9.0; enrage drops.

So this will increase our hit fequency by a minimum 1 Hit per second, and a maximum of 1.11 (Slam! proc increasing the frequency)

With this, we're given:

2.43 swings per second with MH whites
    2.5 swings per second with OH whites
    1.0 Swings per second with specials (worst case scenario)
    Total of 5.93 swings per second.
    This is assuming no flurry, no +10% haste buff, 0% haste from gear/talents, whatever.

We need to double that.

Using current haste values of 32.79 haste rating= 1% haste gain, we get 35% from flurry and raid haste (icy talons, swift retribution, and that other buff can't remeber the name right now lol (imp chicken form?)) With some nice napkin math, I get a haste value of about 41% to cap enrage at +100% uptime. which is like 1500 haste rating. WIthout A raid haste buff, we see values of over 1800 haste rating required. Sorry I can't post the official math right now, I left my cheat sheet at home :S
    Last edited by Deathsupply; 10-19-2010 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsupply View Post
    we get 35% from flurry and raid haste
    Haste is multiplicative, so you actually get 1.25 * 1.1 = 1.375 => 37.5% and 1.25 * 1.1 * 1.3 = 1.7875 => 78.75% under bloodlust/heroism.

Icy Talons/Windfury Totem are the only external melee haste buff. Swift Retribution is gone and Moonkin Aura only gives spell crit.

+ Reply to Thread