+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wrathful Gladiator's Shield Wall

Wrathful Gladiator's Shield Wall

So I have been stuck with Splintered Door of the Citadel for months now (shield from regular HoR). No lootship drops, no ToC 10 or 25 drops. Sad panda. However, this week we saw something interesting happen to PVP gear. Wrathful gear no longer requires a rating, and for some reason the shields are listed for 70 honor each (super cheap!) I haven't seen any comparisons of dodge/parry versus straight up armor and stam after the patch so I'm curious. Would you go with this PVP shield or the Spintered Wall? Difference: PVP shield has +636 armor +92 stamina and -31 dodge -46 parry -59 strength there's +121 resilience but I believe that no longer effects PVE encounters. My gut tells me splintered shield is better, but I'm hoping that I'm wrong. If I have to look at that thing on my back any longer I'm going to shield slam my monitor. As a side note, it seems like tanks are wanting to go back to slow weapons once again. How useful would you put the PVP weapons for tanks?
    Last edited by Architectus; 10-16-2010 at 06:09 PM.

Glad Shield, 90 stamina and 700 armor is huuuuge. I was considering it, too. But i'll stick to Neverending Winter and it was a very close call for me.

this is the second time ive seen this mentioned about pvp gear, but i checked on my server today and i notived a rating of 1800 required.. thoughts?
    "Dear Santoro, Your wisdom has enlightened me. Thanks!"

Quote Originally Posted by santoro2984 View Post
    this is the second time ive seen this mentioned about pvp gear, but i checked on my server today and i notived a rating of 1800 required.. thoughts?
    Yeah it appears like in the vendor it shows rating required, but after you buy the item the requirement disappears. I haven't even touched arena on this toon and I have the shield equipped.

im gonna go buy me some wrathfull pvp gear!
    "Dear Santoro, Your wisdom has enlightened me. Thanks!"

251 Neverwinter vs. Wrathful Gladiator's Shield Wall, what should I use?

I guess the sta +armor means I should I use the PvP one but I don't like using PvP gear in raids :/

Wrathful Gladiator's Shield Wall

I went and got the sword because I have not had any 251 or higher pve wep drop for me. As far as shield, i don't know, if I had never-ending winter, I would not use the pvp shield. No additional stats to help you out(dodge/parry) although if your stats are high enough it may not matter if you are missing them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Need more rage. I can't do that yet. That spell's not ready. Not enough rage.
    Mäcintosh/US/Aggramar/Bloody Rage

I think I recall pre-patch it was H Glacial Wall > Wrathful > Glacial Wall > H Winter > Winter (Maybe H Winter and reg Glacial Wall were switched?). Post patch, I'm not sure that's the priority anymore though.

However, to the OP, the Wrathful Shield is a substantial upgrade to the Splintered Door.

Quote Originally Posted by Imriela View Post
    However, to the OP, the Wrathful Shield is a substantial upgrade to the Splintered Door.
    Yeah, if Splintered Door was all I had, or the badge shield, or the 232 ToC-10 shield, I'd get the Wrathful one. I have NEW, so I'll just keep it instead.

I replaced my holy pally's 200 shield with the spirit/spell version of this, and my shammy's 232 shield with it, too. 70 honor's cheap for a good upgrade.
    Last edited by mavfin; 10-19-2010 at 10:16 AM.

nm found my answer in a different thread.
    Last edited by Lynnx; 10-19-2010 at 07:33 AM. Reason: im not awake yet

What do you think about putting titanium Plating on the shield? 26 parry helps make up for the lost avoidance, and the splintered door with stamina enchant still doesn't give me as much EH as an unenchanted wrathful. But the shield is so cheap that there seems no reason not to have two, one with each enchant. For pvp, the plating is definitely the way to go, unless the disarm protection on the plating doesn't protect your weapon, for some reason.

Don't forget that the extra stamina on the shield increases your vengeance cap.

Thanks for replying all. Been using the Wrathful shield and loving it. Such a relief to not see that darn splintered door on my back anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemek View Post
    What do you think about putting titanium Plating on the shield? 26 parry helps make up for the lost avoidance...
    If you want to trade off some stamina for avoidance - for example, to get towards the 102.4% block cap - getting the plating is one of the lowest cost ways of making that trade. Its much cheaper in terms of lost stamina than putting a mixed stamina gem in a socket with a +6 stamina bonus and only slightly more costly than doing so in a socket with a +9 stamina bonus.

By contrast, using the Splintered Door of the Citadel instead of the PVP shield would be a very expensive way of getting avoidance at the expense of effective health. If we value 12 armour at 1 stamina and assume 1 parry from 4 strength, picking the Spintered Door over the wrathful one would be like using a mixed gem for a +3 stamina bonus.
    Last edited by theodisius; 10-21-2010 at 08:23 AM.

I also had been using the Splintered Door for the last couple of months, and yes it is pretty ugly.

I wanted to add that the Wrathful shield can be picked up for 70 honor points. That is about 1 or 2 Wintergrasps. Yes it does say it requires an 1800 arena score but it will still let you purchase it and equip it without having any arena experience.

one random BG win is 90 honor (+additional honor from flag returns etc).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you can also reforge 40% of the resilience into something actually useful, like mastery. And it has a lot of resilience, so that'll be a good chunk of mastery, on top of the greatly increased armour and stamina.

You can't reforge resilience.

so in the end pvp shield beats all shields below ilvl 264? :P

I would take any ICC shield over the Gladiator's Shield Wall, but it's not a bad starting point.

+ Reply to Thread