+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Melee haste hard cap

Melee haste hard cap

Hey, since the patch, I got a ton of haste, I was wondering if there was a hard cap to the amount of haste that will effect our weapon's swing speed. Maybe this was answered in an earlier thread, I just havent seen anything on it recently regarding melee classes. (warrior in my case)

Mainly this is because I'm an engineer, and with my glove use, I gain 240 haste rating for 12 seconds. I dont want to go over the amount of rating that'll benefit me. (If that's even possible with current gear) I have exactly 650 haste rating without proc, 890 haste with glove enchant up.

Back to the point of my question: What amount of rating would it take to make my weapon speed "max" (where no amount of haste could ever make it faster) a rating or percent would work wonderfully.

Soft cap is something like 1023 for Ret Paladins (almost physically impossible to get without all BIS). I don't think Fury needs as much, I have heard around 800 is fine. You wouldn't be able to reach the hard cap anyway aside from heroic DBW procs which can put you in the 1400's which is where the hard cap is and having excess is not really needed. If you can get 800-900 you should be fine for rage prior to procs.

The measure of a life is the measure of love and respect. So hard to earn, so easily burned - Neil Peart

Alright, thank you for clearing this up for me. Its a stat that I"ve never really looked at because it wasnt vital. (and arp gave a larger bonus)
    I dont plan on shooting for the DR cap on it, just wanted to know so I didnt accidentally go over and have wasted stats.

+ Reply to Thread