+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tanking shoulder enchant post-4.0.1

Tanking shoulder enchant post-4.0.1

So, now that Defense is gone from the game, and Resillience no longer has any effect outside of pvp combat, has the balance shifted between the two tanking shoulder enchants?

The pvp one is unchanged, but with resillience being a non-issue any longer, it is now a straight 30 stamina enchant for tanking.

The Sons of Hodir enchant is now 20 dodge and 22 stamina.

So the question really is... Is it worth giving up 8 stamina to gain 20 dodge?

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Zandragal; 10-14-2010 at 04:41 AM.

This is a really good point. I hadn't thought about the resilience yet and 8 stamina vs 20 dodge is a good discussion.

Flip a coin for it, they are more or less equal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

basically i think
    dodge----> only melee
    stamina---> melee and magic damage

stamina is the way for me.

I haven't ventured into ICC yet with Chill of the Throne gone, probably will tonight, but in the few instances I've tanked, I'm starting to see some value in a reasonable amount of avoidance; I wouldn't gem for it, but I may grab it on the shoulder enchants again. I don't really know what to make of anything at this early stage.

It's not worth it at this point with the expansion winding down. We lost a ton of armor, I recommend trying to up your stam as much as you reasonably can at this point.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

I ended up going with the SoH (dodge/stam) enchant myself after a lot of thought into it. Basically, I don't think 80 hps will help me survive enough to be worth it, compared to the full blow avoided if the bit of extra dodge kicks in. Hopefully we're raiding ICC tonight, so going to be interesting to see how big the impact of avoidance without the zone-debuff will be.

Yes, the 20dodge is going to be better than 8stam in almost every tanking situation, especially now that the avoidance raid debuffs are gone. Get the hodir one.

hey

Def, 20 dodge is better that 8 stam
    for 3 reasons:
    1/ ICC debuff is gone
    2/ they changed the DR and dodge cap:http://elitistjerks.com/f15/t29453-c..._85_cataclysm/
    3/ you can reforge those 20 dodge from other gear and get mastery or parry then you no longer comparing 8 stam to 20 dodge its 8 stam VS (extra hit , Expertise, parry, dodge, or mastery)

nothing in that elitistjerks post says they changed the dodge cap for the better.

in fact the dodge cap got worse, it is not 65% and so is parry. so parry is actually better than it was before (44% cap), and dodge is worse. so no, 20 dodge is not automatically > 8 stam. dodge is still % chance to happen, RNG is not the way to down bosses.

but that's also 8 stam that you can't simply "reforge" to obtain.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

+ Reply to Thread