Sweetness! Just what I need to start playing my warrior again
Updated as of: 10/17/2010
List of Addons:
Button Facade: Entropy
PitBull Unit Frames 4.0
Power Auras Classic
Tidy Plates: Threat Plates
Installation Guide for Dux UI 1.0:
1) Make sure that you have unzipped the DuxUI folder somewhere you can access it, like your desktop.
2) Back up your current WTF/Interface file in your World of Warcraft directory. To do this open your World of Warcraft folder and rename your WTF and Interface to something like WTF2/Interface2, anything will do as long as you know what it is. This is only in case you wish to revert back to your previous UI settings.
3) Open your unzipped DuxUI folder. You should see two folders, Interface and WTF. Take them out of the DuxUI folder and place them in your World of Warcraft Folder.
4) Open up your WTF folder and find the Account folder. Now open the account folder and you should see a folder called "ACCOUNT NAME HERE”, rename it to say your account name. Once you have done that open the folder you just renamed and inside you should see a folder
called "Insert Realm Here", rename it with the realm that you play on. Finally, open the folder you just renamed and inside you should see "Character Name Here", rename it with the character of your choice, make sure that the character is on the previous account/realm you
5) Now start up World of Warcraft when you get to your characters screen make sure to click on the addon button at the bottom left of the screen and make sure that all the addons are enabled and "Load out of date addons" is checked.
6) Log in, when you first see your UI it will not look like much, in order to get everything in order we need to set the addons to the proper profile. Type /bartender, in the bottom left of the config window you should see a "Profile" button, open it up and select the "Default" profile setting. The rest of the profile settings for the addons can be found in the addon tab of your interface menu when you open up your game menu and click Interface. Make sure all profiles are set to Default. One thing to note, when setting up the Sexy map profile at first it may look a bit different from what it should but if you just relog it will fix itself. Also to set up Tidy Plates for tanking go to your game menu, interface -> addons -> Tidy Plates: Threat Plates -> Threat Options and select Tank Role.
This UI was made with a 1920 x 1080 (Wide) Resolution, it should work on all widescreen resolutions, if you find that this UI does
not support your resolution check the contact information below and send me a message, if I get enough of a request for it i will put out
version for different settings.
This UI was not built for mainstream use, this was only put together because it was requested. Although I am not against putting out
a more mainstream version of this if the demand is there. Also if you have any feedback, request for more stuff, or questions about the UI
they can be sent to youtube.com/ropetownx, alpha-gaming.org or firstname.lastname@example.org.
*DuxUI v1.01 Changes:
-Fixed the log in screen so it does not show "MAG3H3RO, WOW1, WOW2".
-Made the game full screen by default.
Last edited by Ropetown; 10-16-2010 at 11:57 PM.
Sweetness! Just what I need to start playing my warrior again
Great UI Dux, exactly what i needed.
Is it possible that I could modify the UI scale to fit on a 1280x1024 resolution?
I don't know about anyone else here but this is the BEST "complete" UI for High-End Raid Tanking.
Esp because he has all the needed buffs/debuffs/power-auras already set up for you..it is almost foolproof while still manages to look sleek and clean. With a couple of more auras such as a low HP warning/incite proc warnings.. this will definitely make it even better =D
Looks like it somewhat works on a 1280x1024 resolution and I left the UI scale alone, this is really well done but I think I'll wait till there is more demand for different resolutions.
Great addon, almost similar to my set up just quite a bit cleaner which i what i was looking for
Last edited by Ta2punk; 10-19-2010 at 09:28 AM.
Fantastic UI! I only having a hard time setting up 'Tidy plates' I want this addon to tank adds.. Any setting that i have to put on so i can see the green/red boxes if im losing threat?
What font are you using in ClearFont2? I've been using your UI for a couple of days, but the default one doesn't quite look like it does in those pictures.. or my eyes are just fooling me.
Also, what's the addon you use to handle your buffs? It doesn't seem as if it's in the UI pack.
Last edited by Naraoth; 10-22-2010 at 05:15 AM.
What addon controls the buff frames and debuff bars on your target, I have gone through all of the addons settings and haven't been able to find it (I need to find it because the debuff bars are not aligned with the target frame)
Appreciate all the work on your UI.
Is there a file that has your spell layout saved on the action bars, and\or your keybindings? I'm a very basic player (clicker, base UI, no real macros) and I'm trying to step my game up. I'm just trying to get as close to your setup as possible.
Thanks again for the push to being a better player!
what r u using for a combat text?
It looks like he's using the built-in WoW combat text with ClearFont (although 2 is unavailable there's v3 out) to make it prettier. Personally, I'd be using a scrolling text addon like MSBT or Parrot, but I can see how that would get cluttered as my screen (I have a similar-looking custom UI but more colorful instead of just metal gradients ) can get pretty cluttered with all the scrolling text going on.
I might have to experiment with the buffs; I'm currently using Satrina's Buff Frames and keeping icons for my buffs, but sometimes they're hard to remember which icon is which. I'm not a fan of using the bars though because they tend to be pushed down into other areas (Recount, for instance) during raids where I have a lot of buffs at once. I stopped using Elkano's Buffbars for exactly that reason.
Not to derail your UI thread but thought your guides on MMO Champ was great as well.
Thanks for putting in the effort.
Worth a look if you havent yet:
What addon is it that you use for your timers and how do I configure it? I've been looking for about an hour now!
Great looking UI and I'm looking forward to trying it but I'm having trouble downloading it as giving me this message when I try:
No webpage was found for the web address: file:///C:/downloads/download18312-DuxUIv1.01
Nevermind I deleted the link and downloaded it again and that fixed it.
Last edited by Nightwarage; 10-30-2010 at 10:01 AM.
I can't seem to be able to zoom out, camera distance... I have tried the script for max factor