+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Holy priest mastery? What to reforge?

Holy priest mastery? What to reforge?

Hi guys, long time reader, first time poster.

I'm kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place with regards to the new mastery system and what to actually swap out for mastery rating? As a holy priest spirit used to be essential, but with the changes I'm not too sure, havn't suffered with the mana regen yet, so would it be best to change spirit to mastery?

The other side is, what is an ideal mastery rating to have at the current moment in time for a holy priest? And does the HoT(echoes of light) off of mastery get affected by haste etc?

Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find any threads specific to my class?

Thanking you in advance, hoping you guys can share your infinite wisdom with lil ol me

P.S. Will link Armory page when servers are back up.

Pieces that have crit are ideal to reforge for mastery - while crit is a decent stat, mastery offers much more. If you have no mana issues, spirit is also something you can safely reforge. However, mana has become more of an issue since 4.0.1, so do be cautious. Mastery won't help you if you're OOM.

TLDR: Crit is ideal to reforge, spirit can also work.

Thanks a mill Aliena Thought that might be the route to take but wasn't 100% sure.

As i said, I'd post my armory link, not sure its necessary now, but here it is nonetheless ^_^
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ger&cn=Alenome

Again, thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenome View Post
    Thanks a mill Aliena Thought that might be the route to take but wasn't 100% sure.

As i said, I'd post my armory link, not sure its necessary now, but here it is nonetheless ^_^
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ger&cn=Alenome

Again, thanks for the help.
    Unless iřm missing something Armory isn't dispalying Mastery, so i have no idea what amount you have. Your geared better than me but i think i managed to get to around 17% mastery. I decided to try and max out mastery just becuase it sounds like such a strong stat, especially if youřre AOE healing, so i reforged every piece of gear to mastery. Crit to Mastery where i could and if the item had no crit Spirit to mastery.

Since you have 1300+ spirit i imagine you could convert some to mastery too.

The point about crit is that atm only Holy Priests can proc Inspiration. Just a caveat. If you are running with a Disc priest, he can't proc it. I don't know what it stacks with after 4.0.1 so perhaps some other classes can provide a relatively huge damage reduction buff with nearly 100% uptime.

Apart from that Aliena is 100% right.

SIMON DE MONTFORT, EARL OF LEICESTER
    pioneer of representative government who was
    killed in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265.

Just did some heroic Icecrown-10 raiding on my Holy Priest, and I can offer some insight.

Mastery isn't all -that- effective early on... I'd say yes, you can and should reforge some Crit to get it up to at a least 15% bonus HoT, but it isn't too crucial, and it -does- help to have around 20-25% healing crits. I would say run a raid before you start reforging Spirit to Mastery, and test your heals in a more intensive fight. If you can last through it using only your own cooldowns, then you could probably safely nix some regeneration for more mastery.

Oh, and if you've got two other healers for Heroic BQL, and you have the appropriate offspec, may I strongly suggest switching to Shadow rather than acting as a third healer. If you can arrange to get the first bite, you'll make up your normal heals in droves, both with the increased overall healing from your increased DPS -and- improved self-drain, but you'll down her -that- much faster.

What's your primary job? Renew spam? In that case go for haste all the way
    The more haste, the more ticks your renew, DH, and HoH get's.
    Can't recall the numbers excact for the 5th and 6th tick though.

If your, on the other hand, is primarly single target healing, then fuck yea - mastery ftw baby! Renew + Chakra Heal = Win, with ofc Mastery on somewhere +15

If you specced into Darkness for the 3% Haste, and you know you can get either a fellow Shadow Priest, a Boomkin or a Shammy w/ Grace of Air Totem, you want to shoot for 890 Haste before anything else. This nets you two additional ticks to any HoT or DoT. This includes Renew, HW: Aspire, possibly Sanctuary, Lightwell (which -is- awesome now), Divine Hymn, Hymn of Hope... maybe even Echo of Light. o.o

+ Reply to Thread