+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DPS is hella low

DPS is hella low

Ok so I got this spec from a friend and basically building him for raiding. The gear is decent and idk I feel I should have waaay more dps then what its at. i know I'm just about to change the ArP back to crit strike btw.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...m&cn=Mepherial

Hope you guys can help another hunter. I know there are probably a billion other threads like this but I thought i'd make this more personal for my hunter specifically

Dude I don't even have a hunter, but I'm pretty sure that enchanting your gear would help. You seem a little hung up on matching socket colors. Try using all +20 agility gems and 1 nightmare tear (for meta activation.) Agility gives you crit and AP, a hunters two best friends. There are plenty of websites for hunters too. Check out Anti-Huntard.com.

theres lots of basic things wrong here

i think you would benefit from popping over to EJ or the official forums and reading the guides.

-wrong meta (you want relentless earthseige diamond. the agi is better and the activation requirement is better also)
    -one nightmare tear in the blue socket that gives you the best bonus. there should be no other stamina gems, anywhere.
    -never gem straight crit.
    -agility in all reds and blues (except the nightmare tear blue ofc). agi/crit in yellow sockets with a bonus of 4agi or better (or 8ap or better)
    -gun, melee wep and bracer enchants missing. you want 40crit, 110ap and 50ap respectively.

i havent been SV in a long time, so i am not sure when it comes to the spec. i think you can drop 1pt out of expose weakness and put it in hunting party. geared SV hunters might even get away with 1/3 expose weakness, i'm not sure though

you're gear isnt too bad. what sort of performance were you looking for? what rotation/priority system are you using?

Survival spec seems fine; but I agree on the expose weakness comment. If you raid a lot, Hunting Party is nice for the raid, if not then some of the Sur hunters I raid with place points in Improved Aspect of the Hawk, I don't ,c I like Hunting Party.

In my Survival gear I do gem for socket bonus', but that's just me, having some extra stam isn't bad - dead dps is 0 dps, but Agi in Blues is fine.

The other comments kind of say it all.

What's your rotation?

Ok I have been playing all day.

1-nightmare tears are worthless...drop them.
    2-balance haste and crit with mastery. Stack agility and mastery. secondary is crit and hit needs to be close as possible to 248.
    3-training dummies are not bosses....dont expect the same dps.

I dropped all the way down to 2.35 speed and still pushed good 7K dps since I was up to 14 mastery. there were hunters in heroic gear pushing 9K with 20 mastery

From what I am seeing...and this maybe wrong, but looking at the specs this makes sense and is working in game...
    1) BM is a leveling spec. My tank pet has more armor and health then I do. I was able to take on huge numbers of mobs and pulled off some kills I could never do pre-4.0
    2) SV is PVP. This maybe because people dont know their toons yet...but I was cleaning clocks bad as in two different horde guys swapped to their ally toons and cussed me out...lol I was tossing traps, counterstiking, wingclipping, scattershot, deter, disengage...rogues were running away from me...lol a Concussion shot at a healer to get them to pop a trink, then a wyrnn sting and it was back at the dps. target guys off to the side and you effectively take them outb of the fight till everyone else is dead...then everyone jumps on them...its funny and sorta tells me SV is going to be getting nerfed.
    3) MM is pve. I am seeing 8K unbuffed at the dummies. aimed shot, serp, steady steady, chim, arcane. of course starting with rapid and readiness too. The lowest I saw when goofing off was 6K. the trick is to time your chim/steady to the serp countdown. I glyphed arcane to see what kind of damage it was pushing and sure enough it was doing big damage. the trick to that glyph is not to spam chim, only use it to refresh the sting and spam arcane watching the serp countdown making sure you can fire a chim at about 1-3 secs only for only 1 tick lost. the fact ISS can miss didnt cause too much of a dps loss, but it was there. So i keep reglyphing chim and arcane to see which i like better...powder is cheap.

For MM you can try a different rotation. With 8 mastery and around 21% haste I'm doing 9.1k+ self-buffed at the dummies without rapid fire or readiness.

Try Chimera, Serpent Sting, Arcane Shot, 2x Steady Shot, Arcane Shot, 2x Steady Shot/Chimera if CD is up. You also want to fire Aimed Shot whenever Master Marksman stacks to 5. Keep in mind Arcane Shot is a focus dump, so if you're high on focus you might be able to fire two, or even several in a row, especially when Rapid Fire is used. On the other hand you might want to skip it if you're focus starved to fire off another steady shot.

I think the most important thing is to keep ISS up as much as possible (100% uptime is optimal) since it speeds up not only your steady shots but your auto shots as well.

Quote Originally Posted by invasionpran View Post
    For MM you can try a different rotation. With 8 mastery and around 21% haste I'm doing 9.1k+ self-buffed at the dummies without rapid fire or readiness.

Try Chimera, Serpent Sting, Arcane Shot, 2x Steady Shot, Arcane Shot, 2x Steady Shot/Chimera if CD is up. You also want to fire Aimed Shot whenever Master Marksman stacks to 5. Keep in mind Arcane Shot is a focus dump, so if you're high on focus you might be able to fire two, or even several in a row, especially when Rapid Fire is used. On the other hand you might want to skip it if you're focus starved to fire off another steady shot.

I think the most important thing is to keep ISS up as much as possible (100% uptime is optimal) since it speeds up not only your steady shots but your auto shots as well.
    what are you talking about?????????????????????
    Improved Serpent Sting
    Your Serpent Sting also does instant damage equal to 30% of its total periodic effect. Also increases the periodic critical strike chance of your Serpent Sting by 10%.

ISS has ZERO do do with speed or steady shot or auto shots....are you talking about another class or another game? If you are trying to say, since you can drop SrS out of your rotation by refreshing with CS, ok...but you are NOT going to get a free ISS damage for the refresh nor will it allow the crit damage to continue. Bliz has stated they removed that. I wished they didnt, I hope they left it in...but I am not seeing that.

I am seeing ISS miss even if the Sting hits. In which case you can not count on ISS damage for spreadsheet totals. I have shot 4 times and missed once, I have shot 20 times and missed once. Both times over hit cap.

I have recorded this and reported it to Bliz, and I am being told unofficially its working as intended. The target can "resist" the ISS magical damage bonus. To improve your chances of this NOT being resisted, some have offered spell damage gems...but I think that is a moot case and clutters the gemming. You would be gimping yourself to gem for a single talent. We might even be better off to not spend 2 points in ISS and place them somewhere else. Time will tell.

Moved to HALP! please read rules.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by iJax View Post
    what are you talking about?????????????????????
    Improved Serpent Sting
    Your Serpent Sting also does instant damage equal to 30% of its total periodic effect. Also increases the periodic critical strike chance of your Serpent Sting by 10%.

ISS has ZERO do do with speed or steady shot or auto shots....
    I'm talking about Improved Steady Shot, not Improved SrS.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=53224

+ Reply to Thread