+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: vigilance 4.0

vigilance 4.0

yay or nay? that is the question. at this point, im with the nay's. however, some dps in my guild disagree. im looking for a 3rd oppinion.

for those interested, the 2/3/31 is my single target spec, and the 4/0/32 is my aoe spec.
    Last edited by praetoria; 04-29-2011 at 12:55 PM.
    "Dear Santoro, Your wisdom has enlightened me. Thanks!"

I'd take it in any serious raiding spec just for the 3% damage reduction on the other tank.
    The Vengeance part is also very strong when you're offtanking.

Taunt refresh and vengeance stacking? Heck yes for raids with an offtank.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

I think the easy way to answer that, is what other single talent point would you choose instead, and what will it do for you?

ok,

i have an armory linked at the top. im using a 2/3/31 spec for single target.. but please understand. a very important note here:

the dps were suggesting i spec vig...... to vig the dps..... that were pulling off both tanks..... for the taunt refreash

so if i did spec vig, i would be expected to use it on dps, not the tank.. which imo isnt helping me tank, its just a bandaid on the problem of bad dps. but yea... i see how in a ot situation, (surfang) its kick ass.. the question is then, what do i drop?
    "Dear Santoro, Your wisdom has enlightened me. Thanks!"

Put it on the offtank. In it's current form, it does not transfer any threat, but it does keep your vengeance stacked in between taunts. The overpowered casters have already gotten their nerf (spriests, mages, locks) so I seriously doubt you will keep having problems with threat.

Also, with 4.0 warrior threat has gone through the roof. I bounce between 20k and 30k tps. Are you having threat problems at the beginning of the fight, or late into the fight? If dps unloads before your vengeance has a chance to stack, I can see how that might cause serious problems, but once you start getting rolling 25k crits with heroic strike and 40k shield slams, the boss is going to be stuck to you like glue.

Drop the single point from Impeding Victory. It's a rather useless heal, and a TPS loss.

Drop the single point from Impeding Victory. It's a rather useless heal, and a TPS loss.
    Saved my butt a couple of times last night. Don't underestimate the value.

Single target I had more issues with the other tanks, but I attribute that to not being expertise/hit capped. Otherwise we told the DPS, you AoE and you die. Relatively smooth run, with a few mistakes from people tunnel visioning to focus on their rotations.

Vigilance is a definate yes

Tracked my AP and damage on Saurfang last night.
    Highest AP was 16245 with shield slams hitting in the high 40s and Conc Blows in the low 50s pulling close to 9.5k which is worlds ahead of the previous 2-3k single target damage pre-4.0.
    TPS was amazing on rune switches spiking at times to 38 almost 40k but always sitting in the upper 20k's.
    Overall I am loving the new changes to warrior tanking.

As any other tank without Vigilance, why aren't you taking this completely broken talent? It's ridiculous that this is in the game at all in its current incarnation based on all of the Festergut damage parses that off tanks are getting when they stack up the +dmg buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Phanuel View Post
    As any other tank without Vigilance, why aren't you taking this completely broken talent? It's ridiculous that this is in the game at all in its current incarnation based on all of the Festergut damage parses that off tanks are getting when they stack up the +dmg buff.
    15k DPS as the first tank on Festergut 25hm last night. Was 6th on overall DPS/Damage.

Quote Originally Posted by santoro2984 View Post
    ok,

the dps were suggesting i spec vig...... to vig the dps..... that were pulling off both tanks..... for the taunt refreash

so if i did spec vig, i would be expected to use it on dps, not the tank.. which imo isnt helping me tank
    That makes no sense, as long as the other tank has at least 1 mob on him, and I hope to god he can hold aggro on at least 1 mob your taunt will never ever fall off on trash, so to vigilance a dps in the hope that a mob will run across the room and smack him to refresh taunt is retarded. Get vigilance + put it on the off tank = profit. Not to mention it will help give more vengeance and help you hold threat because of the increased damage output.
    He who is afraid to lose will never win.
    Only when the power of love overcomes the worlds love of power, will mankind know peace.

New Vigilance is kind a OP now.It is insane dps buff.Last two raids on Saurfang with vig on other tank I almost reached 10 k dps just cause I had constant ap buff all time over new vigilance.

Quote Originally Posted by Peca View Post
    New Vigilance is kind a OP now.It is insane dps buff.Last two raids on Saurfang with vig on other tank I almost reached 10 k dps just cause I had constant ap buff all time over new vigilance.
    It's only OP on bosses it next to useless on trash ... which was the plus for old vigilance it transfered threat directly.
    ** Remember Warcraft players fail in directions you never thought possible.

Did alt run ICC last night with 2 Warrior tanks, Vigilance was kinda nice, because it guarantees nice threat balance on trash (just taunt mobs off the other tank when you run out :P)

It was a pain on Rotface at the start though, because with his weak hits and me avoiding 2 of the first 3 hits the DPS just pulled off me and there was little I could do. I don't even think Vengeance got to full stack once in that fight.

I can definately see Warriors just letting the other tank(s) pull packs first to taunt off afterwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

Quote Originally Posted by uglybbtoo View Post
    It's only OP on bosses it next to useless on trash ... which was the plus for old vigilance it transfered threat directly.
    Sry I rarely ever used vig for threat boost cause before 4.0.1 rarely any tank had tps issues (Vezax and Hodir only).And on trash is far from useless cause you gain vengance for every hit on your co tank.For bosses where you need to switch you have nice ap bonus to start when you need to taunt off ,so it is all but not useless.Also you can put it on tank with no fear you will gimp his threat and give him nice 3% less dmg.I love it much more than old vig tbh that is my personal view.
    Last edited by Peca; 10-22-2010 at 05:25 AM.

On trash it is useless. My vengeance doesn't get over 400 AP on trash because it just doesn't hit hard enough. On tank-swap fights or fights like LDW, it is great.

WarTotem you do realize it can only possibly boost your threat if the person it's on is getting hit http://www.wowhead.com/spell=50720. So taunting the stuff would actually lesson the effect you need it on the other tank and them to taunt it not you. So basically you have to have already failed in a sense for it to work on trash.

Notice also it can't be put on casters etc like old vig either as it will do nothing.

And yes peca we agree it's beautiful on bosses everyone said that but for the reason above is sucks on trash and boss tanking is not an issue with tanking in 4.01 with or without vigilance.

Vigilance is a great, must-have talent. Just the taunt refreshes are useful in so many situations. +3% damage reduction on the other tank makes it a must have.

Noone is doubting it's a must have talent we really just pointing out it's useless on trash and we really have two threads on same subject

http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...geance-awkward

And from that GC says its by design :-)

Originally Posted by ghostcrawler
    The reason we keep downplaying Vengeance in 5-player dungeons, which is all anyone is running at the moment on beta, is because it's not a dungeon mechanic. If you need a comparison, think of something like Fortitude or Blessing of Kings. It's nice but not at all mandatory for even heroic 5-player runs. It's pretty close to mandatory for a raid.(source)

Quote Originally Posted by uglybbtoo View Post
    WarTotem you do realize it can only possibly boost your threat if the person it's on is getting hit http://www.wowhead.com/spell=50720. So taunting the stuff would actually lesson the effect you need it on the other tank and them to taunt it not you.
    The thing is, you do not STEAL his vengeance, you gain EXTRA. On some trash packs in ICC you have up to 6 mobs. Without Vigilance, the first tank running in would get instant Vengeance and maintain aggro without a problem, where the other tank would then be forced to peel them off one at a time to a) have something to do and b) not have the other tank take too much damage and die (sure, not a problem right now, but thinking of 85 as well here). Vigilance does help giving you more DPS while not being hit and at the same time you can balance the mobs in a pack nicely between both, making sure both tanks have enough damage incoming to keep threat on any mob the DPS are focusing on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

+ Reply to Thread