+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 4.0 Taunt mechanics

4.0 Taunt mechanics

Did I miss something in the patch notes or in a blue post that stated taunts will no longer miss? After realizing the glyph was missing, I sat at the boss training dummy and taunted it about 200 times with 0 hit rating and did not miss once.

I really do hope so, it would make sense with the glyph now removed and some quite crucial taunting requirements on some fights.

Edit, can't actually recall missing any tonight and I'm running on around 5% hit.
    Marking targets, coordinating CC, and *most importantly*, pulling responsibly so that 9 elites didn't rush us and wipe the party, this Is something I have missed since nov 08.

They didn't state as much.

There had been talk of it going on melee hit chance, but if they removed the miss chance that'd be pretty nice.
    The (Old) Book on Death Knight Tanking
    The New Testament on Death Knight Tanking
    -----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Who f-ing divided by zero?!?

well, i was about to open a thread about this "issue" since i did a test on the heroic training dummy on wednesday evening with 0 hit and didnt miss any of 250 taunts.
    logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/u...tql/spell/355/
    yesterday, me and the other tank used a set with very low hit rating (mine was under 80 i think) for marrowgar and taunted every time we could. some immune messages due to DR on taunts.
    logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-x9...1wp/spell/355/

so it seems taunts always hit regardless of hit rating except when the mob is immune or evades in that moment. anyone got other results?

I used about 1.5% hit tonight on heroic LK25 and didn't miss any taunts. That's one fight I always made absolutely sure i was capped for, since I taunt so many times there. Didn't miss a single taunt here either.

I mentioned this in guild the other day and our paladin tank said his taunts are still missing. So I'm not sure if this change was only applied to a warrior's taunt atm, or if its a bug and isn't supposed to behave like this. Still waiting to see a blue post about it.

Dragaan how did your mastery focused build go on LK and Halion HM ?
    Marking targets, coordinating CC, and *most importantly*, pulling responsibly so that 9 elites didn't rush us and wipe the party, this Is something I have missed since nov 08.

I don't tank LK so I didn't even wear that gear there. On halion, I was much much easier to heal than before 4.0...but the avoidance debuff is no longer there (at least in the shadow realm), so it's hard to say if its my gear or rng or other changes. I do feel that if you can reach unhittable atm, you probably should (if you care about being easier to heal...most ppl don't give a crap since its all farm now anyway). I was 1% off on Halion last week, and the few times i got hit it was for 30-35k. Average of all blocked hits on every attempt was about 18.5k. That's a pretty big difference. I gave up about 4% avoidance and maybe 3k hp. Tank death was definitely not a threat at all with the gear i was in.

My guild has a couple tanks that noticeably missed taunts pre-4.0 (e.g. Saurfang and Sindragosa) since they didn't use the glyph and now they never miss.

+ Reply to Thread