+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Shield Slam Crits

Question about vengeance - is it based on your current health? So if you popped your satrina's scarab and last stand, would it inflate the AP for your vengeance?

yes! I got my hp over 100k with last stand 2 nights ago, and my vengeance climbed to 10k as well, but once last stand wore off, so did the extra ap. it seems to constantly check your current stamina whenever you get hit to apply the appropriate AP.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Groovy. Thanks Kaz.

If anything this makes Vengeance sound beyond awesome!
    Is Revenge holding its own in a similiar way? How are the coefficents? Shockwave?
    Inner Rage or whatever it is called?
    Last edited by Mačl; 10-18-2010 at 12:43 PM.

SIMON DE MONTFORT, EARL OF LEICESTER
    pioneer of representative government who was
    killed in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265.

yes revenge likewise hits hard, but not as hard as shield slam because of the talent we have that doubles shield slam damage when shield block is active.

shockwave is in the same boat.

Yea, last stand and other hp buffs help. Tonight I noticed some really large hits. On DW, for example, I looked over recount afterwards and saw a ~59k shield slam and 38k heroic strike (http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/q...?s=1920&e=2075). I'm sure those were after a frostbolt (I ate 1) with last stand up. I wore dps gear on festergut this week, but I guess I didnt get any big crits while vengeance was up while I was offtankin (guess it's the other tank's fault for not gettin hit!) so no 100k+ slams.

Quote Originally Posted by ironsides View Post
    In all seriousness I think some people are blowing this out of proportion, if you are beating dps on any fight other than fester your dps are doing something seriously wrong.
    I think you're wrong here. For one, some classes were hit harder than others with 4.0 and blizz is still trying to even the numbers out. Tanks wearing dps gear will probably out-dps those ppl on some fights. Also, I know trash isn't necessarily what a lot of ppl consider a fight, but it's still a large portion of the raid and tanks in dps gear destroy almost everyone. Tonight I was #1 on ever trash pack in ICC with close to 30k constantly. And it wasn't just some of the dps I beat on fester, but all of them (21k with 1 goo hit and no hero). Between vengeance + the ability to wear full dps gear and not take crits, we're doing some ridiculous damage. If you're a dps class and you see yourself below a tank who's wearing dps gear, don't be ashamed lol.
    Last edited by Dragaan; 10-19-2010 at 09:38 PM.

Wearing dps items in a raid seems like a gamble to me though.
    In 5mans sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Brage View Post
    Wearing dps items in a raid seems like a gamble to me though.
    In 5mans sure.
    You're right, it can be. Obviously It's not something I'd do for anything but farm content. Not trying to say everyone should run around in dps gear just to get big numbers. I figured this thread was more about what we're capable of doing now.

With 4.0.1, wearing DPS gear as a tank is better than ever. Consider:

- gain all the DPS advantages boosted even more by Vengeance AP buff
    - offtanks have fewer resource issues when not being hit
    - stamina is good due to the absurd amount of stam on DPS gear
    - 15% stam buff and crit immunity just from being tank-spec in tank-stance (regardless of gear)
    - gain 20% dodge from removal of Chill of the Throne

In short, DPS tanks are rocking. A raid of 24 tanks and 1 priest with the 2 billion HPS AOE healing bug (check youtube) would be hilarious.

The story will change for 85, but right now, tanks are having a good time.

Okay, my question about DPS gear Tanking is the obvious one...what about avoidance? Is it not much of an issue to lose the dodge/parry? This is exciting me haha

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    can't let the p******s get all the glory

Unfortunately I didn't SS it but...

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat...7683#damageout

37k shield slam, 20k average.

i out dps'd a fury warrior (broken!) and a hunter, and our tank dk who went dps for this fight:

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/16515570#damageout
    Wow, 10.825k dps? Are you in tank gear?

Edit: lol reading more of this thread, I assume you were in DPS gear
    Last edited by Deathwish238; 10-20-2010 at 03:14 PM.

nope, i was in 100% tank gear, wearing what you see in my armory right now:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...h&n=Kazeyonoma

remember it was on festergut so i got bonus damage

I'm getting awesome shield slams in pvp. 18k+ quite frequently. Probably against scrubs wearing full PvE gear and no resli trying to be cool. Ive 2 shot a few people with a huge SS crit combined with a SW or Rev crit.

I really hope these big SS are here to stay, its a lot of fun, something I have been missing since the days of un capped SBV stacking.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragaan View Post

I think you're wrong here. For one, some classes were hit harder than others with 4.0 and blizz is still trying to even the numbers out. Tanks wearing dps gear will probably out-dps those ppl on some fights. Also, I know trash isn't necessarily what a lot of ppl consider a fight, but it's still a large portion of the raid and tanks in dps gear destroy almost everyone. Tonight I was #1 on ever trash pack in ICC with close to 30k constantly. And it wasn't just some of the dps I beat on fester, but all of them (21k with 1 goo hit and no hero). Between vengeance + the ability to wear full dps gear and not take crits, we're doing some ridiculous damage. If you're a dps class and you see yourself below a tank who's wearing dps gear, don't be ashamed lol.
    I know on festergut I can wear dps gear and beat most of my guilds dps, but the truth of the matter is besides on that fight I don't think it can happen. It's all cool and all, in full tank gear I pulled 14.3k dps or something like that on HM fester, however they buffed most classes. All of our dps is now doing ridiculous numbers, we killed LK the other night with like 4 minutes left on enrage. 4.0.1 wasn't a nerf it was a buff to everyone. I have seen logs of people doing 22k dps as prot on fester but that really only works on a fight where you have a stacking buff that increases your damage significantly. I have seen your logs for fester and agree that it's cool but I still feel we shouldn't really be beating our dps on any other fight, dps definetly have the capabilities to still win the dps race if they are playing their class right. Even looking at your guilds recent logs show that on almost all fights that you were in dps gear you were only really beating dead people and a random ret pally. Furthermore, I wasn't really talking about prot in dps gear, which yes you can come close to an actual dps in, but tanking in tank gear was what I was really talking about and even you can admit then in full tank gear you shouldn't be beating dps.
    He who is afraid to lose will never win.
    Only when the power of love overcomes the worlds love of power, will mankind know peace.

Ret pallys, fury warriors, combat rogues, and i think hunters were the classes I was able to beat here n there on fights other than fester. Been harder since they buffed rets/warriors. I didnt wear 100% dps gear on any of those fights tho, not even fester. Not sayin we should be able to or can beat dpsers constantly, but it happens occasionally. Our dps is crazy good right now when geared like that. It's not only bosses tho. Most bosses I was near or at the bottom, even in mostly dps gear. Our dps really shines in aoe situations. Tank aoe dps on trash is retarded, and yea it's REALLY easy to beat most/all dps classes on raid trash and in 5mans.
    Last edited by Dragaan; 10-22-2010 at 07:35 PM.

i beat all those classes you mentioned in tank gear before they got buffed, like you said it just happens and tanking is a lot of fun now

Got a 69k shield slam crit on fersterfut last night ^^

This patch has been good for prot warriors in my opinion, my dps has almost doubled. But my favorite part is 30 sec heroic throw, it's such a big help in a lot of situations.

I can say as others have that prot-warriors scale ridiculously well with Vengeance at the moment. We don't even have to wear dps-gear to make dps-like damage.

My last 10-man I had a few highlights:
    - Thrash to Marrowgar: 18K dps on avarage, no 1 on damage done by far
    - Festergut: over 16K dps on average, no 1 on damage by far
    - Council: over 12K dps on average, in 5 on damage over-all.

Highest shield-slam crit for the evening was 76K, interesting enough throns scale with Vengance so it did about 3 million damage on the thrash-packs before Marrowgar with out me lifting a finger (I see this being nerfed somehow).

In all the above I'm wearing what before was my effective health kit aside from one stam-tricket that I swapped for the expertise one from ToTC. I might have used a DPS-weapon though, not 100% sure about that.

I can't beat the crazy numbers you guys are throwing out...best I've seen so far is a 41.6k crit SS on Arthas Thursday night. That's in mostly 264 tanking gear with a 251 Neverending Winter--no DPS gear since I was main tanking. Seeing my DPS spiking to 7000 or 8000 in phase 1 Arthas is pretty amazing, about double what I used to do.

Haven't tried tanking in pieces of my Fury gear yet, but I might next time we do a full clear in ICC 25N. I'll ask the healers if they mind.
    Achtung Panzercow, a warrior (and everything else) blog: http://panzercow.wordpress.com

With Vengance we scale far better in pure tanking-gear which is very nice to see. I do fear we scale too well with it however - we're underpowered with out it and overpowered with it at it's max.

Bliz just announced a nerf so that shield slam won't scale so well with the attack power from vengeance. Oh well. Enjoy your huge crits while they last!

GC:

"We changed Shield Slam and Shield of the Righteous to do more base damage and scale less with AP. This was to fix a problem where numbers became absurdly large with a lot of AP, especially under the effects of Vengeance, dwarfing the damage done by druid or DK tanks. With these changes, a tank in heroic dungeon blues should deal the same damage with no Vengeance, but Vengeance will have less of an impact.

The coefficient for Shield of the Righteous was lowered from 120% to 60% at 3 Holy Power. The coefficient for Shield Slam was lowered from 75% to 60%."

+ Reply to Thread