+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Shield Slam Crits

Shield Slam Crits

can't let the p******s get all the glory

Unfortunately I didn't SS it but...

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat...7683#damageout

37k shield slam, 20k average.

i out dps'd a fury warrior (broken!) and a hunter, and our tank dk who went dps for this fight:

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/16515570#damageout

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I had a 78k crit on festergut last night. That was in full survival gear, not the dps gear I usually wear. Next week I'll be wearing my new threat set (basically all dps gear, lol). I'll probably hit over 100k.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    can't let the p******s get all the glory

Unfortunately I didn't SS it but...

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat...7683#damageout

37k shield slam, 20k average.

i out dps'd a fury warrior (broken!) and a hunter, and our tank dk who went dps for this fight:

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/16515570#damageout
    At 37,968 I think you can pretty much call that a 38k crit, Kazey. Don't forget the 30k heroic strike too, off the cooldown.
    Kathy, I said, "I'm lost" though I knew she was sleeping
    I'm empty and aching and I don't know why
    Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike
    They've all gone to look for America

47k crit on putricide atm is my highest, in full regular prot gear. However I still can't beat anyone on dps, that fury warrior was probably bad lol. I know they are terrible nerfed atm though. I didn't get to tank first on fester so I didn't get to see any huge hits on him.

What lvl of gear do you guys have 2 do this much damage??? i'm in mostly t9 some t10 and i'm doing nothing close 2 these numbers??!!

I am in nearly full BiS at this point, also realize the only way I can get a hit like that is if my vengeance stack is all the way up to 10% of my health, like 8.3k AP in icc, I have shield block up to double shield slam damage, and it needs to crit. Hits like this are pretty rare but they do happen and while they aren't extremely helpful they definitely make me smile =P.

I hit one for 89.4k tonight on fester.

Yeah, 70k plus for me too on Festergut. I love vengeance.

104k in full tank gear on blood queen, pretty crazy that you can do so much more damage in tank gear now

I saw a 76k one at one point last night myself.

Here's a copy of my log from last night:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/6t4fk75frhiesklk/

It took me a bit to get into the hang of the changes, but I finally got into the swing of things on Rotface only to die right as I got to 9 stacks on Festergut (new healers) I still did 12k dps though. If I hadn't, it could have been 15k easy.

I usually run a little high on prot warrior dps because I tend to dip into gear for threat and more damage at times. However last night, after I got into the hang of things, I still noticed a dramatic increase in the damage of Shield Slam and Heroic Strike. Like Kaz, I found myself out dps'ing DPS that are generally pretty solid at their roles.

I was 10th in DPS on Heroic BPC. I could understand this if we were cheesing the fight and LOLcleaving or even if I had on my threat gear, but I didn't. I was in my full prot set and single targeting and still did almost 11k. I was right in the middle of our 3 DPS'ing warriors with only one of them just under 500 dps ahead of me.

I bet we'll be seeing some adjustments before long, because there's no way they're going to let us get away with doing as much DPS as a DPS spec.
    Last edited by Jamarina; 10-15-2010 at 02:55 PM.

I think my highest so far is about 47k, but in general I am with Jamarina in the sense that a nerf may be hovering. Don't get me wrong, I had a great raid and all, but I can't help feeling that we're a bit strong when Vengeance really kicks in.
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

42k on 10 man hard mode fester so far working on getting to tank first so i can get into the 100k range cause it is doable.

In all seriousness I think some people are blowing this out of proportion, if you are beating dps on any fight other than fester your dps are doing something seriously wrong. I run with a group of very good dps and even with full vengeance buff I can not match their dps. The shield slam hits make me smile but I find them in no way overpowered. We are talking very rare large hits, furthermore while you guys think prot wars are doing alot the other tanks have their own vengeances and they are doing very similar to what we are, if not more.
    He who is afraid to lose will never win.
    Only when the power of love overcomes the worlds love of power, will mankind know peace.

The fact is they want Tanks to be doing DPS as well. by boosting our numbers they can manage fights around us hitting as hard as we are hitting. if the fight doesn't hit hard we wont either and it will have some complex mechanic. If the fight hits hard our DPS is boosted and the race is to kill bosses before healer mana dries up ( a very real thing) becomes the motivation for big numbers. It is not OP in pvp but it does make prot warriors sick turtle players against lust comps in arena. The DPS that your beating are just getting used to thier stuff i was hard capping hit first day and out DPS'd a 277'd warrior on the dummy (fury is my lovable OS) cause i did some maths and he hadn't when everyone figures out their stuff DPS will beat tanks but not beating the tanks is something of great mockery in my guild.

Being the patch day and half the guild offline and the other half in various states of direpair we took what we could to naxx: patchwerk gave me my first 32k shield slam.

last night some of us scouted ICC on our alts. took me the first wing to work out what pallitanks are sposed to do, by fester 52k ShotR crit, and top DPS where mine. Now to get the DK into ICC and be smug.

You know whats weird.. on Wotlk Heroics mobs/Raid mobs.. I too hit the massive SS crits. But when you go back to Azeroth to work on Loremaster... I BARELY can hit a 5k SS crit.

Does our damage scale down if the mobs are lower level? .. or something?

It scales with your attackpower and you gain tons of attackpower from your vengeance stacks.

and as vengeance scales with the damage you take, and as those level 12 bunnies can't really hit you, you won't be stacking vengeance.

AHHHHHH... now I get it!

Shield Slam Crits

I have never really seen big crits in heroics, until today, Jedoga in HOK, Hit her for 16k which was nice to see but we were not killing her apprentices, so she hits harder then.

Where I did witness it was on Emalon in 25 Voa. I was too busy to notice on the other bosses but I was averaging 16-27k SS, unless I missed, which I did once, hit was too low and now corrected, then had to build it back up again. Fun to see!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Need more rage. I can't do that yet. That spell's not ready. Not enough rage.
    Mäcintosh/US/Aggramar/Bloody Rage

+ Reply to Thread