+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fury 4x Rotation Priorities (after hotfix)

Fury 4x Rotation Priorities (after hotfix)

So I was previously under the impression that the rotation would be:

BT > RB > Proc based Slam > Heroic Strike/Cleave until reaching execute range at which point you would get Execute stack up to 5 before continuing normal rotation and just replace Slam with Execute to keep the stack up.

However, after doing some testing on the Target Dummy today (nothing but self buffs) I was looking at a WoL parse of the numbers and was very surprised by the results:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/t...zum/details/3/

Spell ........ Damage ........ Hits# ........ Avg ........ Total ........ Crits# ........ Avg ........ Total

Melee ........ 1220218 29.4 % ...... 122 ...... 2159.6 ...... 263473 ...... 190 ...... 4240.3 ...... 805665

Bloodthirst .. 1107503 26.7 % ...... 70 ...... 5051.9 ...... 353636 ...... 76 ...... 9919.3 ...... 753867

Heroic Strike 1000601 24.1 % ...... 31 ...... 6102.8 ...... 189188 ...... 64 ...... 12678.3 ...... 811413

Raging Blow . 540763 13.0 % ...... 25 ...... 4561.6 ...... 114039 ...... 45 ...... 9482.8 ...... 426724

Raging Blow . 225489 5.4 % ...... 26 ...... 1922.7 ...... 49991 ...... 44 ...... 3988.6 ...... 175498

Slam .......... 60075 1.4 % ...... 12 ...... 3000.1 ...... 36001 ...... 4 ...... 6018.5 ...... 24074

So looking at those numbers our abilities seem to have the following breakdown:
    1. RB (20 rage)
      1. Average hit: 6.4k
      2. Average crit: 13.4k
    2. HS (30 rage)
      1. Average hit: 6.1k
      2. Average crit: 12.6k
    3. BT (20 rage)
      1. Average hit: 5k
      2. Average crit: 9.9k
    4. Slam (20 rage)
      1. Average hit: 3k
      2. Average crit: 6k
    5. Melee
      1. Average hit: 2.1k
      2. Average crit: 4.2k
    When I saw the numbers on Slam I was really surprised (and bummed) and it seems we may want to tweak the rotation priorities:

RB > HS > BT > other stuff (shouts, cooldowns, sunders, etc) > Slam

Slam hardly does much more damage then plain ol' melee attacks which seems messed up. Thoughts?

lines up with current slam priority for arms as well, and with imp slam slam does 20% extra damage, and it STILL falls behind rend/ms/op/HS

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

51% Enrage uptime...interesting number...that's actually really close to what I predicted for myself but that was assuming about a 20% uptime on Death Wish, which you were lower than...of course your flurry uptime was a bit lower too...I still think there's something wrong with how I was figuring enrage uptime anyway.

But as for the numbers themselves...glad to see slam sucks again. Presumably they'll buff it (and presumably they just forgot to buff it this time).

Are these Raging Blows SMF or TG?

I also have been pretty much ingoring Slam. Just have a 3 button rotation going now, which is kind of disappointing. I'm wondering (hoping)if level 85 scaling will change this. Thought about getting rid of Bloodsurge altogether, but havne't found a really useful place for the points yet.

Also, I dunno about you, but my Executes were hitting like a Mack truck.
    20k+ Executes in 5 mans. I know your testing was done with self buffs only, but I think it would still hit harder than some other abilities (BT, maybe HS). You'd obviously have to go do some real world testing, as dummies won't allow you to Execute as Fury.

Buy my anecodotal evidence put Execute way up there, maybe only behind RB. I was Execute spamming so long as it didn't run me dry, and using my normal rotation otherwise.

I think Sexecute is back in an awesome way.
    Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with the software.

Heroic ICC25m Blood Queen is obviously a very skewed fight due to its damage mechanics however I was entertained to see what kind of rage generation and stats I reached: 37.9k DPS (31,915 effective dps with 4:37 fight duration and getting tricks)
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5...?s=9292&e=9569

Kind of sad that even with decent numbers like that Fury Warriors aren't even close to the numbers that Mages/Boomkins were doing. At least I made the WoL top200 Fury Warrior parse list (Rank 153 at the moment) with no Shadowmourne and still wearing an agility cloak lol

I've also noticed how weak slam seemed and realized I only ever used it when everything else was on CD and 3 sunders were already up which wasn't very often. I stopped using it all together and just save rage for heroic strikes as the high crit chance from taking incite helps keep flurry up. I took the points out of bloodsurge which is useless if you don't slam and put them in die by the sword, ferocious attacks and heroic fury which i dropped in the previous build but realized its nice to have the root break when dpsing so you can get back in range quickly. As far as execute goes it seems like its top.. critting for over 20k and only uses up to 30 rage now, I try to get heroic strikes in when I have enough rage during its gcd, otherwise I keep with executes over raging blows but I'm still not sure if RB would be better, I just like seeing the big numbers fly out of things.
    Oh, one other thing.. I picked up die by the sword because I was doing a lot of 5 mans and I was pulling aggro ALL the time, fury threat feels like its going to limit dps unless I've just had real bad tanks, it could be from all of the HS spam but the tooltip doesn't say anything about extra threat from it anymore.

ghostcrawler has some thoughts on the topic,

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...e-concerns-pve

I have some qualms about prioritizing HS before slam considering that HS is off the GCD and the decision to use it hinges on more than whether or not it is available. It certainly does better damage per rage than slam but it does in fact cost more rage. I think there will be times in anticipation for bloodlust or needed burst dps that you will want to stockpile rage so you can pop inner rage at the appropriate time which may make slam more viable than it's dps may indicate.

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    ghostcrawler has some thoughts on the topic,

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...e-concerns-pve

I have some qualms about prioritizing HS before slam considering that HS is off the GCD and the decision to use it hinges on more than whether or not it is available. It certainly does better damage per rage than slam but it does in fact cost more rage. I think there will be times in anticipation for bloodlust or needed burst dps that you will want to stockpile rage so you can pop inner rage at the appropriate time which may make slam more viable than it's dps may indicate.
    Uhhh why are you referencing a GC post that talks about Arms? The rage generation between Arms and Fury is completely different. At this point in end-game gear with 27% hit I can basically keep up near 100% HS use on cooldown without rage starving.

I ignore Slam completely and didn't spec for Bloodsurge. There's no point, Slam if anything just adds an extra button to the rotation that adds almost no extra damage. It's better to make sure your buffs/debuffs or other less often used attacks are up instead of doing a Slam.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathwish238 View Post
    I ignore Slam completely and didn't spec for Bloodsurge. There's no point, Slam if anything just adds an extra button to the rotation that adds almost no extra damage. It's better to make sure your buffs/debuffs or other less often used attacks are up instead of doing a Slam.
    Seriously? Slam is free damage. What were you going to use that GCD on? Raging Blow and Bloodthirst that were on cooldown? Bloodsurge Slams cost no rage, and there are plenty of holes in a rotation to fit it in. Why wouldn't you use it?
    Kathy, I said, "I'm lost" though I knew she was sleeping
    I'm empty and aching and I don't know why
    Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike
    They've all gone to look for America

My mistake
    Last edited by Magnuss; 12-15-2010 at 02:27 AM.
    "If I'm doing a fight and I need more threat... I try harder. If I'm doing a fight and I need my taunts not to miss, then I wear hit." -Veneretio

instant slams cost no longer cost rage. it's worth the GCD to use it.

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

+ Reply to Thread