+ Reply to Thread

Thread: single mob rotation/4.0.1

single mob rotation/4.0.1

Im having some trouble with holding aggro on single targets, mostly bosses and such, what is a good rotatoin or what is the problem do u think i have. My armory is here!!
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...moon&cn=Narrow

The rotation is the same as it ever was.

Usually it is commanding shout>shield block>Charge>Sheild Slam>whatever you want at this point. Rage dump with Heroic Strike, filler with devastate. Revenge is awesome.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

How cab it be "same as it ever was" When they changed how a lot of the stuff works? I would think a new look at it would be in order...

I'm being told the same thing by my warriors - the single target rotation is mostly the same as it was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

single mob rotation/4.0.1

Yep, single target hasn't changed one bit from what I've experienced.

Hell, rotation hasn't really changed for multi mobs either really, just the queue system ruins my flow and makes it tougher. Seems to me that when I tab through my targets, if I queue up a REV or SS on a target and tab to another target before it goes off, the REV/SS stays glowing and won't let me hit anything else, at all or maybe just not with REV/SS, I don't know quite yet, until I get back to that specific mob. Then it'll let me use it. Really has got me a bit frustrated. If it would just cancel the rev/SS queued on the target if I retarget something else, that might work. Still don't think this queue system is a good idea for a real time game....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Need more rage. I can't do that yet. That spell's not ready. Not enough rage.
    Mäcintosh/US/Aggramar/Bloody Rage

How cab it be "same as it ever was" When they changed how a lot of the stuff works? I would think a new look at it would be in order...

Quite simply, they didn't change 'how a lot of stuff works'. Let's see what they changed:

Priority cue system: By far the toughest to get used to change. Just don't be Mr. Spammy-Keyes and you'll be fine.
    Devastate: Used to stack 2 sunders now only stacks one... but it used to take 3 devastates to hit 5 sunder stacks, now it takes 3 devastates to hit 3 sunder stacks..... wait....
    Heroic Strike: Now a true rage dump. Instant cast, off the GCD, has it's own 3 second cooldown. Not a lot of change other than the fact that you can actually use it instead of cueing it.
    Shield Slam: Hits a lot harder now.
    Revenge: Same deal, hits hard.
    Thunder Clap: Useful debuff on the boss. Also now stacks thunderstruck (if spec'd)
    Shockwave: Hits harder with stacks of thunderstruck. I consider this an added bonus though, the real value in shockwave is that it can't be dodged/parried.
    Conc. Blow: Relatively good threat, kinda the same as pre-4.0

Threat values: Pretty much identical to pre 4.0 in terms of priority. The look has been taken, don't discount advice because you 'think' it's changed.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Are we talking about bosses in raids? If so, vigilance is a nice threat boost, if you throw it on the other tank (it helps you stack vengeance).

Vig doesn't work that way any more. It only reduces the damage by 3% on the person it is cast on. It doesn't give any more threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Agnum View Post
    Vig doesn't work that way any more. It only reduces the damage by 3% on the person it is cast on. It doesn't give any more threat.
    "...you gain Vengeance as if 20% of the damage was done to you. Lasts 30 min. This effect can only be on one target at a time."

So you don't get a threat transfer from the other tank, but you get to stack vengeance faster if the other tank is taking any damage. Moar threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bashal View Post
    "...you gain Vengeance as if 20% of the damage was done to you. Lasts 30 min. This effect can only be on one target at a time."
    40K+ SS's and HS's

I'd say Vigilance gives more threat. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3207&e=3480

dang it, only hit 32k shield slam crit with my level 200 shield...
    2 months dang lootship shield just wont drop... grrrr

vig swapping between both warrior tanks, just so we have taunts refreshed....

missing mocking blow now...

and dang boomkins still throw too much threat...

4pc tank t10s bonus is nice to have...
    much better than 4pc dps t10s did for my fury spec... (2pc bonus deep wounds is a joke, cant even spec into it...)

Though I don't disagree about the rotation being the same it sounds like he is running into the same issue I have been. after the patch many classes are hitting harder. locks and mages are throwing out at times a great deal more. When they start chain critting they over threat me instantly. For me same old rotation is generating same old amount of threat. Nothing to match the new increases the dps are doing now. Still trying to work out the kinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbaldr View Post
    Though I don't disagree about the rotation being the same it sounds like he is running into the same issue I have been. after the patch many classes are hitting harder. locks and mages are throwing out at times a great deal more. When they start chain critting they over threat me instantly. For me same old rotation is generating same old amount of threat. Nothing to match the new increases the dps are doing now. Still trying to work out the kinks.
    I notice the same thing. In 3.3.5 I used to do about 6-8K TPS with my 5800 gearscore Warrior, now I do about the same. With my 6050 gs Paladin however, I used to do about 7-9K TPS as well but now in 4.0.1 I do about 12-15K (in 5 mans, in raids easily 25K+ because of Vengeance).

Are Warriors doing less TPS now than they should? Or do I just suck at being a Warrior tank? I am basically using the same rotation as I used in 3.3.5 for both single and multitarget, except that now I do less HS/Cleave because of the lower rage income and I use Rend in AoE packs because TC spreads it.

Quote Originally Posted by RuuddieBoy View Post
    Are Warriors doing less TPS now than they should?
    In a raid, their threat, whether single or multitarget, feels about right to me. I can average about 15k tps on a boss, with peaks as high as 23k. This is of course after vengeance stacks up.

In 5's, with a lack of vengeance stacking, it takes a lot more effort to hold threat. Although that is starting to get a little easier for me as well, iin part because I think my guildies are adjusting to the notion of focusing on my main target.

for warrior tanks or bear tanks or even pally and dk tanks, its just better to have a head start when pulling.... (warriors and bears, more rage gen for more abilities...)

very nice example, sindra, pally pull 1 sec, warlock 2 sec uses VERY HIGH threat ability, 3 to 4 sec sindra comes up the steps and cleaves the lot of us 4 dead....

so if you play DPS class, kindly be smart about it and let the tank hold onto aggro first.... 3 to 5 sec holding off nuking something will hardly affect overall damage output and dps....

Quote Originally Posted by SeptimX View Post
    for warrior tanks or bear tanks or even pally and dk tanks, its just better to have a head start when pulling.... (warriors and bears, more rage gen for more abilities...)

very nice example, sindra, pally pull 1 sec, warlock 2 sec uses VERY HIGH threat ability, 3 to 4 sec sindra comes up the steps and cleaves the lot of us 4 dead....

so if you play DPS class, kindly be smart about it and let the tank hold onto aggro first.... 3 to 5 sec holding off nuking something will hardly affect overall damage output and dps....
    Yep found that out the hard way on Sindy, start of the fight, Killing Machine procs and I get a free Howling Blast, and another Killing Machine proc... so had Oblit crit followed by HB and another Oblit Crit, Sindy turns and takes me out.

+ Reply to Thread