+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Paladin tanking patch 4.0.1 rotation!

Then it works, for now

And fail tanks are fail :=)
    ** Remember Warcraft players fail in directions you never thought possible.

Have YOU tried? Working great in my opinion.

Why would I bother I can tank them quite easily normally now we have worked out we just need a slow dps weapon to increase HotR threat and they tuned mages back a bit and I am actually helping kill them faster and the proper way it will still work tomorrow and they day after???
    ** Remember Warcraft players fail in directions you never thought possible.

http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...250#post466250

I tried to cover most of the details in here including talent tree and glyphs. only saw this thread after i posted mine and i agree with it with maybe a few changes.

I use slightly different rotation than youve got for AoE tanking for now and when they remove the Threat generation from WoG im sure il use the same one as youve got.

sry about that I wasn't paying attention to what I was saying.. WoG for AoE is better then SotR

BUT in 5m Heroics it just feels like a waste since I'm full health and I got full threat anyways its the Boss' that are my concern since that is where I can't seem to hold threat well it slips away I mean when the DPS are eager and jump the gun before I can do anything

Quote Originally Posted by Tracer View Post
    its the Boss' that are my concern since that is where I can't seem to hold threat well it slips away I mean when the DPS are eager and jump the gun before I can do anything
    This is a DPS problem, not a tanking problem. My coRL and I were quite clear on vent last night. If you attack before we say you can, you will rip the mobs away. And you will die. (Not so subtle hint for the healers there.)
    I'm an alt-oholic. I'm ok with that.
    http://warcraftid.com/card/170/n/73a...f/sholozar.jpg

Boss I pull with shield, judge, crusader, (by this time MD or TotT has gone off), AW, Crusader, Pew Pew, crusader, Shield and repeat. I haven't had an issue yet including solo tanking LK.
    Quote Originally Posted by WarTotem View Post
    You know you just called yourself an asshat, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Banterloft View Post
    Boss I pull with shield, judge, crusader, (by this time MD or TotT has gone off), AW, Crusader, Pew Pew, crusader, Shield and repeat. I haven't had an issue yet including solo tanking LK.
    Only works if you toss your frisbee before the mage hits it w/ a frostbolt. Seriously. I've seen mages pulling mobs, iceblocking, and then the healer got pwnd. (I was the healer). The tank was new, and the mage decided to pull for him. The entire 1/2 instance I stayed.

Quote Originally Posted by CatabriOnEarthen View Post
    Only works if you toss your frisbee before the mage hits it w/ a frostbolt. Seriously. I've seen mages pulling mobs, iceblocking, and then the healer got pwnd. (I was the healer). The tank was new, and the mage decided to pull for him. The entire 1/2 instance I stayed.
    You should always open with AS. Always. This will give you enough lead on aggro to stay ahead of the mage. If the mage pulls, toss salv on the heal, let the mage die, taunt the add back. When the mobs are at 10%, make a B-line and chain pull the next group, and so on and so one. Let them run back and stand at the door because the group is in combat. These DPS have to learn somehow. Tough love time.
    Quote Originally Posted by WarTotem View Post
    You know you just called yourself an asshat, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Banterloft View Post
    These DPS have to learn somehow. Tough love time.
    My brand of tough love depends on what toon I'm playing. Shammy/Drood...let jerks die. Pally, yeah, salv healz, let dps die. 'Lock/dk/hunter don't be THAT guy (or girl, in my case.) Oddly enough, I let the tank get aggro, and still out dps the retards that refuse to let the tank have even 1 GCD to build threat. Course, I'm not having to run for my life, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Akeber View Post
    Umm, WoG is a heal. Yes it applies the holy shield buff (+15% block chance), but so does ShoR which is definately going to make more single target threat than WoG. Are you referring to the healing aggro that WoG would generate?

Umm yourself! When has healing not generated threat? I learned to hold back on healing during aoe pulls. As a healer, I've had mobs come after me when I heal too early. The same principle applies to WOG.

Healing will and always has been a threat generator. (not much, but always AOE threat)

Please learn to read people. Pinnacle keeps stating AOE AOE AOE NOT single target. He didn't say use it to heal yourself. Yes, use SHoR on single targets. Since when has SHoR worked as AOE threat? SHoR will always be single target and marking 1 main for dps like BT trash. WOG will generate threat on 1000+ different mobs. Do you know how long it will take to hit SHoR on each mob (50+) to Sindragosa and I'm not talking about the gauntlet? 15+ adds Lady 25 6+ adds to Marrowgar. 10+ TOC 10+ adds to Sourgelord POS. You get the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by uglybbtoo View Post
    This is really stupid.

1.) So why not stat out healing stats and simply stand there and really heal well for extra AOE threat ... LOL it will make the healers life so much easier.
    Why doesn't the healer just sit there and tank? It doesn't generate as much threat as other abilities. This was an AOE substitution for 1 single target melee ability, which you can not spam, since it requires generation of holy power.

2.) As we have commented in other threads almost all dps can tank ICC trash now its trivial and will be even more so as we move forward. Shadow priests make the best ICC trash tanks around because they heal themselves as well as kill it .... so TBH if thats why you are doing lets replace you with a shadow because you are a bad trash tank compared to a shadow.
    Yes, 1-2 mob okay - 3 to 20 mobs = dead dps

I hate when a tank gets angry because the dps keeps pulling ago from them. If they can shield themselves and heal themselves it's okay. Just don't stress out the healers.
    As a 6300GS mage - I pull mobs all the time and die all the time. Ice block on coodown

3.) AND MOST IMPORTANTLY the threat if it exists will be removed you can count on it because in situations it will cause problems the old Seal of Light from paladins had the exact same effect in naxx days and had to be patched. So relying on a mechanic that is not working as it is intended rather than learn the right way is just crazy.
    I would never put WOG into a rotation for bosses. SHoR is the bread and butter for threat. We are talking about trash AOE, so who really cares?

I would have thought that trying to pop the extra 10% block value from using WoG, SHoR or INQ would be something tht should be happening sooner in rotations. Popping INQ between pulls with w/e excess Holy Power for the +30% Holy dmg at start of each I fiond helps alot.
    Isn't tank about dmg mitigation at the end of the day?

+ Reply to Thread