+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hit Rating changed?

Hit Rating changed?

with the patch there has been an apparent change to hit rating (that I have not seen in any patch notes).

prior to the patch one needed 263/8 = 32.875 rating per percentage point.

now I only need 253 rating for 8.23% hit, which works out at 30.7412 rating per percentage point, or approximately 246 hit rating for 8% melee hit.

I asked a hunter (was the only other guy online in the guild) to tell me his hit chance and rating for melee hit, and this ratio was confirmed.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I can confirm from a character sheet standpoint that Melee/Ranged Hit Rating factor was altered in this patch to be slightly lower. The Spell Hit rating factor remained constant.

It is possible that the character sheet have the wrong formula on it, you might want to conduct some testing to verify that the actual gameplay value has changed. For example on the PTR for the longest time I had like 1500% increased chance to crit with spells according to the Intellect to Crit conversion cause the factor on the character sheet was wrong.

I can confirm that the value it is stating has changed. I can't confirm whether what it is stating is accurate.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

The hit on your character sheet now includes your talents...make sure you're not taking those into account when doing ratios.

There are no +hit talents for non-dual wielders.

I have asked players of other classes to post me their hit rating and melee hit chance and have got the same number as with me.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/m...q4/details/31/

this is me attacking the level ?? dummy in orgrimmar. at 253 hit rating I hit the target over 300 times with "melee" attacks/hits and had zero misses. while not exhaustive, I would expect at least one miss if not hit capped.

That jives with my hunter actually...I logged in and was vaguely confused by having more than the hit cap...I was slightly below before the patch.

I suppose I can reforge it into mastery (woo wild quiver!).

I'm a balance druid and my hit talent only applies to spell hit (converts spirit to hit rating only in spell hit calculation), it does not get included in melee and ranged hit calculation. And I can confirm based on the character sheet the number has factor has changed. I can't confirm that this holds true in combat though or if it is simply a mistake on the character sheet display (which can and does happen).
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Combat ratings table on EJ accounting for cataclysm values also reflects this change to the Hit Rating at all levels meaning they did alter the underlying factor. For example at level 60 you needed 10 hit rating for 1% hit, now you need 9.37931. This was likely a rebalancing issue to keep melee/ranged hit rating requirements in line relative to spell hit rating requirement (balancing for level 85 impacting all levels lower). This stat in particular probably had special attention from the designers/developers because of the fact that it scales at different rates depending on the type (where as other stats like haste where it scales at an identical rate for casters and non-casters isn't as much of a potential balance concern).
    http://elitistjerks.com/f15/t29453-c..._85_cataclysm/

+ Reply to Thread