+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warrior - Vigilance and Concussion Blow - Worth it for raiding in 4.0?

Warrior - Vigilance and Concussion Blow - Worth it for raiding in 4.0?

As a protection warrior, I don't remember EVER using concussion blow except when soloing old content. And now that vigilance doesn't give you a threat boost anymore, it seems as though you could spend your two talent points in better places without sacrificing much of anything.

What do people think? (In regards to raiding.)

Vigilance will be handy for taunt refreshes and threat through vengeance, but only when used on the off tank.

Conc blow has always been a utility talent, you use it on trash mobs or anything else that needs a quick stun.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

conc blow does do a good chunk of threat though so you may want to toss it out there whenever you can behind shockwave and possibly shield slam.

vigilance to me still works because of raidwide damage.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

LK

If you are on LK Conc Blow is nice for Valks

And also for shambling horrors if you are doing it without a hunter or a rogue (sigh...)

Quote Originally Posted by Bitur View Post
    it seems as though you could spend your two talent points in better places
    That's what I was thinking initially, when I saw the changes to Vigilance.
    Then I looked at the entire tree, and couldn't really find a better place to spend those 2 points.
    Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with the software.

Vigilance, combined with the Sentinel specialization bonus (you generate 50% extra rage when attacking mobs not currently targeting you), seems to be extremely potent for making Warriors strong off-tanks where before they were Sunder-bots. This also allows you to generate/keep up Vengeance without needing to play taunt pong or stand in the bad stuff.

As noted, Concussion Blow is still a very useful stun for the LK fight, and of course is going to be nice for 5-mans and trash especially once we get into Cata.

I can't see these talents being skippable anytime soon, but then again I've never tanked hard content (so what the heck do I know?).

they are as important as they where in the past just in different ways right now a major source of threat is getting your vengence up there by putting this on the other tank it helps imensly

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    And also for shambling horrors if you are doing it without a hunter or a rogue (sigh...)
    Not just that, on heroic mode shamblings will 1 shot you once they enrage (under 20% hp) it is very worth it to be able to just stun that target when it enrages until it dies so you don't need to blow cooldowns. Hunters can not tranq that enrage. Very useful, i doubt i will ever not take conq blow in my specs.

+ Reply to Thread