+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Some Frost Questions

Some Frost Questions

Gah, So, I'm really tired, but i've been banging my head on the desk for a little while trying to figure this out.

I used to play fury prime, and I wasn't really all that impressed with how they've changd the rotation around. I did the research, reforged to hit cap and tinkered with that, and just didnt like it.

However, I did come across the info that dual wield frost on a dk was viable again, which was a spec I really enjoyed. I've been taking this alt and gearing him up from his crappy 232/226 toc/ulduar gear. In doing so, I'm trying to figure out the goal stats for hit/expertise/haste/ap.

Do DK's follow the same mold in that they need to reforge and possibly gem up to 27% hit as well? After i do get to the hit cap, what expertise cap should I push for? (somehow im sitting on 33, so im pretty sure I'm ok there... all thats left is the base % that all boss's have regardless?)

I think I have the concept right, I just really don't see anyone doing the math, and math has always been my least favorite study

Thanks in advance!

Way way off.

8% hit, 6.5% (26) expertise, gem strength, reforge for mastery removing hit & haste as the primary and if there is no hit or haste, remove crit.

Red - 20 str, Blue - 10hit 10exp, Yellow - 10str 10crit

Slow 1h weapons, 2.6 speed or slower. Fallen Crusader on the main and Razorice on the off.

With the changes to gear and stat stacking, generally speaking all your gear will now be Higher Item Level = Better, as opposed to piecing together certain things for certain builds (like the DW Frost ArP build with a 213 sigil).

You will end up with so much extra hit you won't know what to do with it. I reforged all my hit off and still ended up at 11.4%.

Glyph Frost Strike, HB, and Oblit.

Cry Havoc! And let slip the Ghosts of War..

+ Reply to Thread