+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Druid Tanks Tell Blizz

Druid Tanks Tell Blizz

Druid tanks if you haven't tried to tank now with the new 4.0 patch you have to tell Blizz. to change our Swipe and Maul back. Each have a 6-sec cool down so we can't tank mobs anymore.
    Has anyone else ran into this?

Sad Bear

i've read that bear tanks are generating ridiculous amounts of threat/damage now, i think you might need to read up on what abilities to use now and not rely on maul/swipe?

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I'm not able to hold multi-mob aggro very well, but that should go away once we get to 81. And single mob threat is, simply put, awesome.

For the next 8 weeks, remind dps that they will live only if they hit the skull first and the x second, and once Cata gets here everything will be fine.

Ran ICC10 last night on my bear with a DK tank and as long as DPS followed the marks there was no problem. Bear single target threat felt very nice

And as a bonus, it seemed that getting our DPS to focus target rather than mindlessly AoE, actually speed up the run.

Ran ICC10 last night to get the feel of it. We were going just as a guild rep run and had 2 toons that had never been in.
    We made it through the first wing. and ended up 9 manning saurfang. I do not like the new bear in random pugs simply because most dps do not want to re-learn how to play. But with players that follow the Proper targets it went better that before.

where can I find a bear tank guide?
    Earthgoddess: 80 Resto Druid: Windrunner
    www.eggsncrits.guildlaunch.com

Our bear tank was beating fury warriors on some of our boss kills, with vengeance he has like 21k AP, his thorn ticks are going off for like 8k each on crits. This was in a raid situation but I am fairly sure you should have no issue holding threat in a 5 man with your new setup. I would say bear tanks are better in dungeons than warriors atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaterjoec55 View Post
    where can I find a bear tank guide?
    Go here and look no farther.
    Last edited by Gutfang; 10-14-2010 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Quote referenced incorrect post.

Thanks Gutfang! And darn it I can't pull it up at school because of our stupid security filter, I'm guessing its elitist jerks or wowhead. THANKS THOUGH!

Also an addition to my above post does the guide contain suggestions on enchantments to gear as well with the complementing gems?

Thanks for the guide but I'm saying our swipe move was for getting threat on multiple adds. Now it's very hard to get threat on adds with a 6-sec cooldown on swipe.
    Our threat on single target is very good. I tanked ICC25 and I was glad I had a DK and Pally tank with me for adds but we should as Druid tanks be able to have a AOE type action for multiple adds.

Quote Originally Posted by Windsaber View Post
    Thanks for the guide but I'm saying our swipe move was for getting threat on multiple adds. Now it's very hard to get threat on adds with a 6-sec cooldown on swipe.
    Our threat on single target is very good. I tanked ICC25 and I was glad I had a DK and Pally tank with me for adds but we should as Druid tanks be able to have a AOE type action for multiple adds.
    Timing is much more important now. Before you could run around and spam it; now, you have to make sure your swipe is well timed to scoop up the mobs. And DPS have to be less trigger happy. I was tanking alongside a bear last night, and he did just fine.

Blizz is doing away with "Tank a huge pack o' mobs and let DPS AoE until they all die," gameplay; at least from what they've said.

They're either going to give you a single target, a pack of 4 mobs where you have to CC one and DPS has to kill targets in order, a pack of 2-3 mobs where you can hold them all and DPS has to DPS the right targets, or a pack of 50 mobs that will die before they do any real damage to DPS/heals.

Crying to them and asking them to let you spam AoE threat again isn't going to get you anything.

Only done icc 10 with my Bear and my Prot warrior. With my Druid i just destroyed everything. 1 swipe and i had threat from our guilds maintank warrior.
    Bear tanking is insane atm. Then again guess most "hardcore" players would say i gemmed wrong. All red gems i put agility in, stamina in blue.Hit capped and soft expertis.

When tanking Saurfang i had to pulverize away my lacarates and stop attacking. Otherwis i would get back the threat from our warrior maintank. On trash i swiped,mangle,maul. Get my pulverize buff up and just get 1 lacarate on as many adds i could find. Alot of refreshed mangles. Did 13k dps on trash and 14k on festergut. Have no 25 man gear on the druid. Ended up as nr 3 damage dealer in the icc10 run that ended at Sindragosa.(when tanking). (doing hm on all but professor ;( and was the ooze kiter ). Didnt need to mark anything during the trash.

But on the prot warrior.. Bah offtanked with another druid tank, had my vigilance on the druid. Taunted alot just to try and have 1 trash mob hitting me. Yes did get some sexy 50k shieldslams on bosses but overall it just feelt worthless. Also feelt like i took alot of damage, 21 % dodge 20 %parry 44%blockrating.

Same problem here, no 25 man loot. Probably gemmed warrior wrong. Red gems to parry and yellow to dodge, Blue stamina. Tanked saurfang without problems on hm. But got smacked down hard on hm Festergut. This raid also didnt get Dreamwalker up. So not sure if it was me or our healers.(alt run)

Both the Druid and the Warrior have around 5900 gs. If we are talking 5 mans, it still feels like my warrior have bigger threat issues.

^^^^
    I agree with Croww, both my druid and warrior are about equal geared, right at 5900 and my warrior is nearly dead to me. I'm not having too bad of threat issues in 5 mans on the warrior but I do lose some mobs. Druid it rarely happens and I'm near the top dps. I don't know if this is exactly like Croww but when my armor pen gems went to crit on my cat gear, before the patch I changed them all to agi. I still have my bear gear with high stam but I run 5 mans with my cat gear and I'm loving it. The only cherry on top for me is if we got some sort spell reflect (which we won't, I'm just sayin). I'm liking skull bash, I like it better than shield bash. For me it's been fun with the change and I'm kind of glad they made swipe 6 seconds cool down because otherwise I would still be spamming and not trying to use my other abilities.

One thing that would be cool though is if they added a cool down ability that gives you free swipes for 15 seconds. They could do the same for warriors with thunderclap. Maybe it'd be too much of a security blanket but I'd put it on my bar.

+ Reply to Thread