+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: 4.0.1 Threat Values for Warriors?

Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    Format shamelessly pulled from Satrina's original thread. Used that Threat addon to do this research.
    http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...-threat-values

Battle and Berserker stance modifiers are now 1.00 or 100%. 1 Damage = 1 Threat.
    Defensive stance modifier is now 3.00 or 300%. 1 Damage = 3 Threat.

Threat Values (stance modifiers apply unless otherwise noted):
    Code:
    (Note: All values verified build 4.0.1 (13164))
    *Battle Shout ______________________   20 (modified) + 5*Rage Gained (not modified) (total split)
    Blood Craze_________________________   0.50*Healing
    Cleave _____________________________   damage + 30 (split)
    *Commanding Shout __________________   68 (modified) + 5*Rage Gained (not modified) (total split)
    Concussion Blow ____________________   2.00 * damage
    Demoralising Shout _________________   41.6 (split)
    Devastate __________________________   damage + 315 + 5% of AP
    Enrage (Bastion of Defense)_________   1
    Heroic Strike ______________________   damage + 28
    Heroic Throw _______________________   1.50 x damage
    Rage Gain (Shield Spec/ZerkRage)_____   5 per rage (stance modifier is not applied)
    Rend _______________________________   damage only
    Revenge ____________________________   damage + 7
    Shield Bash ________________________   60
    Shield Slam ________________________   1.30*damage + 231
    Shockwave __________________________   damage only
    Slam _______________________________   damage + 100
    Spell Reflect ______________________   damage only (only for spells aimed at you)
    Social Aggro _______________________   0
    Sunder Armour ______________________   395 + 5% AP
    Thunder Clap _______________________   damage only
    *For Battle and Commanding Shout, the 20 and 68 is multiplied by the threat modifier (300% for defensive stance), but the rage gained is not affected by stance. Further, you only get threat for rage you actually gain. If you are at 90 rage, and only gain 10 rage (instead of 20) by using the ability, you will only get the 10*5 = 50 threat, instead of the 20*5 = 100 threat.

-Porcell, Alterac Mountains
    I tested most of those values today to see if everything was accurate for patch 4.0.3a. My study shows that Devastate has been changed, and the threat gained now is equal to 300% of damage done. This is not a surprise since Devastate's changes was in recent patch news: "Devastate no longer provides bonus threat."

Shield Slamm have also changed, with the following quote from patch notes: "Shield Slam: Contribution of attack power reduced to 60%, down from 75%, and base damage brought up so that a level 85 warrior in Heroic dungeon gear deals the same damage with no Vengeance, but Vengeance has less impact. In addition, Shield Slam no longer generates 30% bonus threat from its damage."
    To me it also seems like the +231 number is slightly off. I got the number 100-123 the few times I tried it. I had to use omen, recount, and basic math to try this out though. I found it harder when using the threat addon that somebody posted. So if somebody could investigate this it'd be cool. This small difference is however only of small if any importance, the 30% reduction is the big change.

Apart from that all data seems to still be accurate in patch 4.0.3a, and saying that was the main reason of this post.

I can also confirm that Victory rush use this formula (threat = damage + 0.5 * healing). When I first did victory rush having full HP, the threat gained was equal to 300% damage done. When I used Victory rush on 75% HP (Missing about 10k hp from my full pool on 40,2k on my newbgeared warrior) I got threat equal to 300% damage done + about 5k bonus aggro

Xarleen/Xarleene/Xarleena/Xeela - Aggramar EU.
    Last edited by Xarleen; 12-01-2010 at 10:59 AM.

I beleive Shockwave now also has a 2xdmg threat modifyer, since its AP scaling has been halved.
    Last edited by Tengenstein; 12-05-2010 at 06:32 AM.

talents

Okay, after spending plenty of time reading it all, i still have not got a clear conclusion for a warriors tanking spec.

i still got 4 points, 2 got to be in the prot tree, after taking deepwounds, so i got 4 different choices. B&T, Gag Order, Thunderstruck, Cruelty.
    Thunderstruck seems to be only a AE talent, while Cruelty is mostly single target.
    but in some of the other postes, i got the Idear that B&T was useless single target, and yet others said that B&T was better than the other 3 choices, so im stuck in a conclusion for where to put my points?

anyone can help make this clear to me?

Torason.

Sorry for my english.

It all depends very much on the content you wish to tank.
    First of all, I would take Cruelty for boss tanking, or atleast Thunderstruck.
    Secondly, B&T is extremely valuable, because it is quite the AoE damage and is decent enough to beat Devastate on single target and on top of that, it reminds you to keep up Thunder Clap (and if it misses, you still have enough time to keep up the debuff).
    Finally, I would spec Gag Order over Incite for 5-mans/Heroics. You will probably want to Cleave more anyway, and 5-man instances contain a lot of casters in the trash packs that need to be dealt with.

If you're aiming for heroics, I'ld probably go for something like http://www.wowhead.com/talent#LG0cZ0bZcfGdRRobbu:0oVckz (note that I dropped Vigi & Incite for basicly all the talents you mentioned)
    In raids, I'ld opt more for http://www.wowhead.com/talent#LG0cZ0bZIfGzRRozbu:0oVckz
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

thanks for the help WarTotem, tho i might want to spread it a little different cause of the 5-mans and raids in one spec, cause duelspec is needed for PvP fun

this is how my spec ended up, comments and feedback are more than welcome

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#LhbMZ0bZffGzRRodbu:0Vocqk

Field Dressing > Blitz.

No healer worth his/her salt will consider you a decent tank if you do not take it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

+ Reply to Thread