+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 4.0.1 Threat Values for Warriors?

4.0.1 Threat Values for Warriors?

I don't suppose anyone's gone about the business of testing out Satrina's mod for figuring out threat values for the new patch?

I was about to go and do it myself, but in the interest of saving time, I'm just making sure there isn't already a guide floating about somewhere.

Thank you.

I was planning on doing that on beta later this week (probably weekend), but it depends on the time I have
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

I'm working on it. So far:

Threat Modifier = 300% (as opposed to the old 207.35%). All numbers below are multiplied by this unless otherwise noted.

White Hits: Damage only
    Shockwave: Damage only
    Thunderclap: Damage only
    Rend: Damage only
    Concussion Blow: Damage * 2.0
    BloodCraze Healing: Heal * 0.50
    Enrage Proc (from Bastion of Defense): 1 threat
    Rage from Shield Spec: 5*rage gained (not affected by stance modifier)

I'll be looking into the rest of the abilities tonight.

-Porcell

so shockwave and conc blow do the same threat, but shockwave does double the damage, cannot be dodged or parried, and has a shorter cooldown (that can be glyphed to 15% shorter than that--17 second). priorities still seem very 'the same'.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I'd be interested in if there's a bonus threat to Devastate.

Because right now, it's a dps loss to use Devastate instead of Heroic Strike. I was looking at my WoL parse from last night and my averages were

Shield Slam -- 9672
    Revenge -- 7137
    Heroic Strike -- 6358
    Shockwave -- 6033
    Concussion -- 5431
    Devastate -- 3495
    Heroic Throw -- 2878
    Cleave -- 2047
    Thunder clap -- 941

The new ability queue also messed me up several times where I hit Devastate but couldn't react quickly when Sword and board proc'd.

HS has a 3 second cd, so you still have room to fire off devastates... and HS isn't on the gcd.

Format shamelessly pulled from Satrina's original thread. Used that Threat addon to do this research.
    http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...-threat-values

Battle and Berserker stance modifiers are now 1.00 or 100%. 1 Damage = 1 Threat.
    Defensive stance modifier is now 3.00 or 300%. 1 Damage = 3 Threat.

Threat Values (stance modifiers apply unless otherwise noted):
    Code:
    (Note: All values verified build 4.0.1 (13164))
    *Battle Shout ______________________   20 (modified) + 5*Rage Gained (not modified) (total split)
    Blood Craze_________________________   0.50*Healing
    Cleave _____________________________   damage + 30 (split)
    *Commanding Shout __________________   68 (modified) + 5*Rage Gained (not modified) (total split)
    Concussion Blow ____________________   2.00 * damage
    Demoralising Shout _________________   41.6 (split)
    Devastate __________________________   damage + 315 + 5% of AP
    Enrage (Bastion of Defense)_________   1
    Heroic Strike ______________________   damage + 28
    Heroic Throw _______________________   1.50 x damage
    Rage Gain (Shield Spec/ZerkRage)_____   5 per rage (stance modifier is not applied)
    Rend _______________________________   damage only
    Revenge ____________________________   damage + 7
    Shield Bash ________________________   60
    Shield Slam ________________________   1.30*damage + 231
    Shockwave __________________________   damage only
    Slam _______________________________   damage + 100
    Spell Reflect ______________________   damage only (only for spells aimed at you)
    Social Aggro _______________________   0
    Sunder Armour ______________________   395 + 5% AP
    Thunder Clap _______________________   damage only
    *For Battle and Commanding Shout, the 20 and 68 is multiplied by the threat modifier (300% for defensive stance), but the rage gained is not affected by stance. Further, you only get threat for rage you actually gain. If you are at 90 rage, and only gain 10 rage (instead of 20) by using the ability, you will only get the 10*5 = 50 threat, instead of the 20*5 = 100 threat.

-Porcell, Alterac Mountains
    Last edited by Porcell; 10-14-2010 at 05:01 PM.

so awesome, thanks a ton Porcell.

So, our rotation will look like Shield Slam > Concussion > Revenge > Shockwave and Heroic Strike for rage dump?
    In my opinion, Devastate only usable to keep Sunder Armour debuff up

Well, at the moment those values put Conc. and SW at the same spot unless i'm mistaking. But blizzard buffed conc to do 75% of AP instead of its current 25%(?), so eventually conc. will be better than SW.
    But for now we might aswell use SW due to the extra damage.
    Or am i horribly mistaking?

How about when used in conjunction with the Thunderstruck talent: if you can stack the buff three times and keep it, it equals 30% damage buff to Shockwave? This should be especially easy to maintain over the course of a fight like Saurfang if you're in duty to keep up the attack speed debuff on the boss. The only issue is that the Thunderstruck buff is expended after each time you use SW, so you need to stack it up again.

If there is no DK in your raid (frost fever) or other tanking class (paladin and ferals applies it on the run) you'll have to thunderclap once every 30 seconds. You could argue about clapping four times a minute to keep rend up with the blood and thunder talent. While tanking bosses with high vengeance stacks and a +% bleeding debuff (feral, hyena, Arms Warrior) it might be worth it while ticking for over one thousand.

Funny you mention it, just now realized that Thunderstruck is a buff on us and not a debuff on the add >< So we can indeed prep it in advance provided we got the rage. This puts shockwave above Conc blow yes.

@ klausi: Rend won't get effected by Vengeance as much as it sounds. It's main damage is still derived from your main hand weapon damage, which is sad to say, quite low. For Rend to get a bigger damage boost you need to get a slow 1hander as they tend to have higher damage.

Just tried testing Rend only w. and without battleshout (310AP pre. modifiers). The difference in damage pr. tick was 30-40 dmg.

With a full vengeance, raid buffs and +damage% effects, it might be worth it.
    Last edited by Brage; 10-15-2010 at 05:06 AM.

I am not sold on rend. Talking about a boss, and assuming you have blood and thunder, you need to rend at the start and then do roughly 5 thunderclaps per minute to keep it up (15 second duration, but you would need to do it early to refresh). Whereas you would normally have to do 2 thunderclaps per minute to keep the debuff up (or none, if your OT or other person has the debuff).

For me the gains just didn't seem to be there. I ended up dropping blood and thunder and going with War Academy, Cruelty, and full Incite and Shield Spec.

@Porcell: Does Devastate give fixed threat regardless of sunders now?

Also, if these numbers are correct than threat is SS > Rev > HT/SW/CB > Dev
    SS does twice the threat of Rev, and Dev is about 80% of Rev threat.
    Damage is a similar spread, with SS 'only' being 50% more damage than rev and CB ofc being the least (for now?)
    With my BQS; Rend, TC and Victory Rush are all similar in single-target threat. (so basicly, BnT is only worth it on 5+ mob packs that live out the full Rend duration)
    Innate TPS (non-scaling with damage) is now <8% of your total TPS, so you should not see any major problems on fights with damage increases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    I am not sold on rend. Talking about a boss, and assuming you have blood and thunder, you need to rend at the start and then do roughly 5 thunderclaps per minute to keep it up (15 second duration, but you would need to do it early to refresh). Whereas you would normally have to do 2 thunderclaps per minute to keep the debuff up (or none, if your OT or other person has the debuff).

For me the gains just didn't seem to be there. I ended up dropping blood and thunder and going with War Academy, Cruelty, and full Incite and Shield Spec.
    Blood and thunder is for aoe tanking, not single target boss tanking.

Heroic strike on a 3 cooldown current feels stupid for threat building it really does.
    Marking targets, coordinating CC, and *most importantly*, pulling responsibly so that 9 elites didn't rush us and wipe the party, this Is something I have missed since nov 08.

Could someone please upload Satrina's Threat addon somewhere? I don't have it anymore and the old download location gives me a 404 (google came up empty).

Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with the software.

Has Threat been bundled with SBF? I can't see it in the features list.

EDIT: Disaster potentially averted, managed to dig up a copy from the external hard drive. Nothing to see here anymore!

+ Reply to Thread